Re: Build/buy mode

by SmileyKylie2018

Original Post

Build/buy mode

★★★★ Novice

For some reason now I can go into build/buy mode and build or buy whatever, which is great. But now when I exit out, the game kinda justs...... 

Its really hard for me to explain the issue because I honestly don't understand it. Has anyone who plays the sims 4 ever press the tab button and your sim's picture and the other stuff about your sim disappears and all you can do is move the screen around with your mouse.. Well its kinda like that except you can't do anything. If you tried to get your sim to move to like a certain spot, it won't pop up the menu to select the option to move to that spot. If you click on your sim, the sim's menu won't pop up either. You can't save your game either. the only that i know still will work is the time speeds and pause & play. Also the manage worlds icon disappears when you go into the mode and stays gone when you exit out. Here's a picture for those who don't understand what I mean by all this.  I wish i could record a video to show you what I'm talking about,but just like how I said about the tab button but not being able to do anything. its within that problem. If there is anyone who has had that problem, please help out.

Message 1 of 6 (494 Views)

Hero

Hi @NeciMeetsWorld

are you using any UI mods ? If so, make sure you update them to the newest version

You might generally need to check your custom content to see what's outdated and no longer working.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (472 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. It doesn't happen every time I come out of build/buy, but frequently. Maybe every third time? It also did it after coming out of CAS. Perhaps we can share mod lists so we can compare and track down a possible culprit? I'll post mine below for you. Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 15.09.27.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-03 at 15.09.43.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-03 at 15.10.03.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-03 at 15.10.15.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-03 at 15.10.27.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-03 at 15.10.36.png

Hoping this can help 

- Sam 

Message 3 of 6 (461 Views)

★★★ Novice

So through some process of elimination i have figured out that its one of my career mods doing this exact issue to my game. Im in the process of figuring out which one it is. 

- Kylie

Message 4 of 6 (455 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah I think my offending mod might be the clinical psychology career. Its causing UI issues when I have the sim who does it selected too.
Message 5 of 6 (451 Views)

★★★ Novice

So i have figured out that the mod giving me issues is the Neia chiropractor career. Cant seem to acrually find the career anymore (which is strange) to see if theres an update so i guess im getting rid if it. 

-Kylie

Message 6 of 6 (437 Views)