Re: Build and buy glitch with blue plus signs

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Build and buy glitch with blue plus signs

★ Novice

Hi,

I know more people are playing the sims 4 these days so getting a response might be more difficult. But essentially I have been having an issue with my build and buy for quite sometime. I can live with it, it is just really irritating. The problem is as follows:

Everytime I go into build or buy mode and place an item a "blue plus sign" appears, though this is normal, mine stays and won't leave until I go into live mode. Same goes for when I delete something, a weird symbol pops up. 

I have a fair bit of CC and a few mods, I have all the expansion packs but Into the future and a couple of stuff packs but I don't really use them. No store content. 

Please help, would like to fix this soon as I am planning on making a world and it will be very frustrating to deal with when creating lots!

Thank you all for reading. 

Message 1 of 2 (409 Views)

Re: Build and buy glitch with blue plus signs

@LaurenAnn070701  This may well be a mod issue.  If you don't want to get rid of all your mods, you can test them in a clean user data folder to see which one is the culprit, and then delete that one and keep the rest.  Move your entire Sims 3 user data folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, start a new save, and check Buy mode to make sure the glitch isn't still present.

If it's gone, add half your mods to the new folder, delete scriptCache.package as always, and test.  If the problem is still gone, those mods are fine, and you can test half the others.  If that half causes the same glitch, you'll need to split it in half and test.  In this way, you can quickly sort through your mods even if you have a lot of them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (365 Views)