Re: Build Mode not working on Sims 4 with new update

by SimsCrazie

Original Post

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Here's a list of broken mods: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950909/broken-updated-mods-python-terrain-update-get-fam...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 32 (10,546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

okay so i just updated my game (19/11/18) and that is happening to me. i was wondering if you have found out how to fix... or anyone for that matter

Message 12 of 32 (10,203 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello guys , i kinda like finally solved this mess , but my situation was that my game options are blank and not showing anything , i can only access the build mode but it wont show me the furnitures , catalogs , but still i can move the objects , plus my game crashed after making my sim quits his job 

, in this case right here , its because of an outdated mod that i accidentally merged together with other custom content

which was the UI extension mod,

u have to really sort out try one by one cc , its a pain in the butt, but its worth the pain 

Message 13 of 32 (10,199 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm in the same boat. Repairing does not resolve the issue. Any save file I choose has the same result. CAS works fine, gameplay works fine but whenever I go into Build Mode I cannot leave, save and build/modify my lots. It is very frustrating. 

Message 14 of 32 (10,124 Views)

★★★ Novice
No, the update did nothing to fix the issue for me.
Message 15 of 32 (10,123 Views)

Hero

@SimsCrazie wrote:
No, the update did nothing to fix the issue for me.

The update of the mod or the game ?

Did you check your mods as outlined in this thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 32 (10,092 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, those were the first things I checked.

Message 17 of 32 (10,074 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 32 (10,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My daughter is also have the exact same issues - no items in the build mode are visible. She has tried 1. repairing the game - didn't work, 2. opening up an each of her old saved games to see if her current game was corrupted after a save - none workedI typically can figure out computer issues since I am in IT, but I am not a gamer myself. This is all new to me. Has anyone found out how to solve this issue? Does totally uninstalling the game and reinstalling work? I wanted that to be the last resort since she has custom content... I would appreciate any insight! Thank you!

the mom

Message 19 of 32 (9,599 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my search bar in build mode isn't working :/ it freezes my game than crashes after a minute

Message 20 of 32 (9,589 Views)