Re: Build Mode not working after update in March 2021

by crinrict

Original Post

Build Mode not working after update in March 2021

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs. Owned stuff packs: Paranormal, Tiny living, my first pet, laundry day, toddler, bowling night, vintage glamour, movie hangout, and perfect patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Went to build without family moved into lot. Would only let me add walls and rooms. No windows, doors, furniture etc...
What happens when the bug occurs? I go to click on an item to add to my home and it doesn't show up on the cursor, as if I didn't click on it.
What do you expect to see? When I click on an item from the items listed, it should show where the cursor would be and let me place on a space.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Repaired game. Restarted computer. Disabled mods. Repaired and restarted computer again.

I just updated my sims for the new patch in March 2021. I was in build mode, without a family on the lot, and it wouldn't let me do anything except place walls and rooms. I tried adding a door and several other items but it will not let me do anything. I click on it and it doesn't show that I chose an item at all. It's like the item is non-existent. 

Message 1 of 2 (3,802 Views)

Re: Build Mode not working after update in March 2021

Hero

Please remove your mods and try without. Better Build and Expandable build mode both need updating

Here's the current list for broken mods/cc https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/988166/broken-updated-mods-cc-bunkbeds-patch-mar-21/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (3,749 Views)