by Mang0Sims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Build Mode Issues with Cottage Living Rental Property

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions. All game packs except for Journey to Batuu. All stuff packs except for Paranormal and Spooky stuff. No kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Placed a residential lot on 13 Nettle Lane in Henford-on-Bagley but it didn't change from a rental, so I entered build mode on the lot to change it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The 13 Nettle Lane lot is originally a rental, so I wanted to change it to a starter farm residential lot. After placing a lot from the gallery, I saw that it didn't change it from a rental to a residential. So I went into build mode on the lot to change it myself but was met with a weird screen that I took a screenshot of and have attached. I found it weird (especially since it was showing a $ sign instead of the usual simoleons symbol). I left immediately to Manage Worlds. When I came back, it acted like it was in Play Mode despite there being no sim, so I tried to enter build mode and it never showed me any objects or build menus, it just added the grid to the lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the normal build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Bought and downloaded the Cottage Living expansion pack.

Not sure if it's connected, but Cottage Living is also showing up on Origin as "Unlocked" instead of "Installed" just like the On the Go preorder bonus (which I cannot access in my game at all, but I see others are having this issue as well).

Screenshot of what happened on first try:

Screenshot (17).png

Message 1 of 10 (1,472 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Build Mode Issues with Cottage Living Rental Property

Hero
@Stephannoying Just did a test and it's working fine for me

Have you been using T.O.O.L ? Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (1,440 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Stephannoying Just did a test and it's working fine for me

Have you been using T.O.O.L ? Did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,441 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have no idea what T.O.O.L is so no. The mods I use are UI cheats, skin/eye overlays, and the mods that stop sims from doing dishes and preparing food in the bathroom, but I took them out since the expansion was new.

I will delete the localthumbcache file, I didn’t know that was a thing! Thank you Star

Message 3 of 10 (1,434 Views)

Hero
@Stephannoying Could be UI Cheats still lingering then.

Let me know if delete the cache file helps.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,424 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I’m not having any issues anymore so I’ll assume that fixed it. I appreciate the help!
Message 5 of 10 (1,390 Views)

Hero
@Stephannoying Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,309 Views)

★★ Novice

Help pls I’m having the same problem but I don’t use mods

Message 7 of 10 (1,212 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, 

I am still having this issue after testing my game without any mods and cache files! 
Are there other factors I missed? Frown

Thanks you!

Message 8 of 10 (1,137 Views)

@SimkatYT  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please test in a new save, for comparison's sake.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 10 (1,132 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict That was it!
Thank you so much!
Message 10 of 10 (1,102 Views)