Re: Build Controls Glitching & Maybe"Infecting" Other Players

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Build Controls Glitching & Maybe"Infecting" Other Players

★★★ Novice

I think this might need to be in the bugs forum but I wasn't sure?

Anyways, My build controls have been glitching for months. At first it was just messing up the wall and fence type tools. I would try to make a wall but the tool would suddenly go off as far as it could go in another direction

sims1.jpg

(The direction I was trying to go)

sims2.jpg

(Where the tool went even though my cursor wasn't in that direction)

I thought it must because of mods, but after taking them out they didn't seem to be the problem. So, I made a new save and the problem was fixed for a little bit, until I noticed that once again the wall tool was glitching. I tried to find out if anyone else had this problem but it seemed to be just me. I deiced to give up and just learn to build with my wall tool doing that. After more updates the problem seemed to slowly get worse. The camera controls started acting funny, and the camera would sometimes suddenly spin when i would rotate the camera slightly. Still I dealt with it.

However after I updated to the newest patch and the problem increased to the point where it was unplayable. If using the mouse the camera (both in regular and TAB mode) would only move really fast. If I tried to place things on walls they would move all over the place. If I added stairs to the lot weird things would happen like deleted walls not going away, paint not placing, places that were supposed to have walls only having a small gap where the end of the wall was supposed to be placed.

It also started effecting things in CAS where if I tried to drag a body/face part on the sim it would basically do the same thing that it does with the build tools but worse. I could basically only make sims with extreme features.

I finally decided to bite the bullet and uninstall my game. Everything was working again, but I decided to use of the the lots I made off of my gallery, but the wall tool glitch came back. The camera controls were fine still tho. I quit my game (without saving), and tried again with my other lots, and the same thing happened . After that I realized that I probably got the bug after getting a lot off of someone else's gallery. At the time I didn't put it together that it was the cause for the bug, because I figured that stuff off the gallery would be safe.

Even if the bug from my lots and whatever lots I downloaded on the gallery somehow only happens to me, I've taken down all my gallery posts as a precaution. I am not big on the gallery by any means, but I have about 700 downloads total. Even if a lot of them are repeats, that's still a lot of players who could have gotten "infected"  from my lots.

I guess this means I can't use any of the lots I made anymore and start new saves, which is frustrating. I am hoping that this is just a fluke that some how is just effecting me. And the main problem seems to be with the cursor/camera controls and  the walls?

Message 1 of 12 (1,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@honeyzones  There has been reports of this caused by Reshade; but also Origin In-Game.

How to turn off OIG:
log into Origin, choose Origin icon\Application Settings\More\Origin In-Game: disable it.

In: My Game Library, right-click on The Sims 4 icon, choose Game Properties\General: uncheck Enable Origin In-Game, save the setting.

OIG is an individual setting in Origin client; it won't affect your builds in The Gallery.

Let me know if it doesn't work.

Message 2 of 12 (1,229 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't have reshade and I turned off Origin-In-Game and the problem is still there unfortunately. Thank you, regardless.

Message 3 of 12 (1,197 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@honeyzones  Have you checked your mouse sensitivity and tried another mouse? You should also try in a brand new folder, to make sure no mods are affecting. Here is how:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Message 4 of 12 (1,177 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@honeyzones

Moved your thread to the Mac forum for now, we can move to bugs if it’s not a Mac tech issue.

Firstly, Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Are you using a Trackpad, Apple mouse or 3rd party mouse?

Could you please move your entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop, play a brand new vanilla game for a bit and see if the issue still persists.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 12 (1,165 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm not using a Mac!

@DonroaAkashuI changed my mouse a couple months ago, and I still had the problem.

I did try to do the steps in the tutorial you linked before and it seems that the problem is gone only if I fully reinstall my game . But It comes back in a fully new game (no mods either) if I use my saves* or tray files/use my gallery stuff.  Even if I am using a new save that isn't the one than the one with the bug, it shows up anyways.

I am going to see if I can have my friend try and use one of my gallery builds, and see if they get the bug too.

Message 6 of 12 (1,114 Views)

@honeyzones

You're in the PC forum now Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 12 (1,095 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@honeyzones   I think that is a good idea. I'll be glad to test one of your builds you notice a problem with too, if you want. You can PM me a link to an upload if you don't want to put it on the Gallery (and tell me which lot it is).

Message 8 of 12 (1,082 Views)

★★★ Novice
@DonroaAkashu Sorry for the late response! My friend wasn't able to test it yet :/ My Gallery username is the same one on here (honeyzones). I removed all my other lots off the gallery, so I uploaded one of my basegame builds. I named it Test Lot, so if you search that it should be the only one that shows up.
Message 9 of 12 (988 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@honeyzones  No worries about a late response.

I tested your lot, went into build mode, CAS, switched to another household. No problems.

Does anyone else share your computer and possibly installed Reshade? Could you please look for it anyway?
It installs to where the TS4.exe/TS4_x64.exe is, in the Bin, so depending on where your game files are installed (not the user game folder in Documents). A common pathway would be:
C drive>Program Files(x86)>Origin Games>The Sims 4>Game>Bin.

Look for any files/folders named: D3d8.dll; D3d9.dll; D3d10.dll; D3d11.dll; OPENGL.dll; DXgi.dll and the same combination with extension: .ini; and also a folder named: reshade-shaders. I have not used it myself, but it seems a bit tricky to completely remove the effects of, so tell me if you find it there and I'll give some tips.

And I realise I wasn't clear: Origin In-Game needs to be turned off both in Origin application, as well as for the specific game, see my first post.

Could you also check your mouse sensitivity in Settings>Device>Mouse>Additional mouse settings that it is not too fast.

And that was a nice build, I liked the compact living; perfect for a painter that loves the outdoors Standard smile

Message 10 of 12 (972 Views)