Original Post

Accepted Solution

Build/Buy Glitch Minimizing Game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.86.166.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSIONS: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Cottage Living GAME PACKS: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic STUFF PACKS: Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff KITS: Country Kitchen Kit, Blooming Rooms Kit, Decor to the Max Kit Also the free holiday thing
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Clicking the third or fourth item in Build/Buy mode
What happens when the bug occurs? The game minimizes to desktop, and I can't get the item in those slots
What do you expect to see? The game not minimizing to desktop
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The video shows how the glitch/bug acts. As you can see it happens when ever I try and click the third or fourth item in Build/Buy
Video: https://vimeo.com/699851089/648d60a9f3

Message 1 of 6 (389 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Build/Buy Glitch Minimizing Game

Hero
@TemplarPanda Are you running Discord or any other programs that create an overlay in the background ? Does this happen if you use windowed mode (not full screen) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (352 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@TemplarPanda Are you running Discord or any other programs that create an overlay in the background ? Does this happen if you use windowed mode (not full screen) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It happened when I had Spotify open, but I have had chrome open in the background before where it didn't happen.
It would happen in windowed mode, unless I made the window super (unplayable) small. 
I tried minimizing Spotify but it didn't help. As you can see in the video, every window is minimized, but it still happens. I also tried closing and restarting the game, but it didn't help :/

Message 3 of 6 (336 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Have you tried a clean boot ?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If it works in that mode, then it's a background program interfering and you will need to find out which one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I didn't try a clean boot, my computer is less than 2 weeks old atm. But I did boot the game up again today, and it worked perfectly.
So my conclusion is, that Spotify somehow messed up the game?

I guess we can close this thread then Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (316 Views)

Hero
@TemplarPanda I'm guessing it was some kind of problem with a background program, possibly spotify.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (289 Views)