Original Post

Accepted Solution

Build/Buy Broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Objects can't be taken from the build/buy catalogue. The icons for doors and windows are mixed up.
What do you expect to see? I have the ability to remove things from the object catalogue.. The icons aren't mixed up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's been since the last patch download.

Can't remove any objects from build buy.   Doors and Windows can't be placed.   Icons are mixed up.   I have no CC or mods downloaded.   Game has been both repaired and reinstalled.  Nothing works.   

Message 1 of 3 (554 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Build/Buy Broken

Champion

@YeOldSimmer Hello!  I know you said you removed mods but you're still seeing the issue.  Please leave the mods out, delete the localthumbcache.package file from the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder, then open your game and see if you're still having the issue.  That cache file can keep some of the impact of broken mods in your game and what you've described is similar to some known issues with BuildBuy mods, like TOOL and BetterBuildBuy.  You might also check to make sure you have the most recent / updated versions of those mods.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (536 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@YeOldSimmer Hello!  I know you said you removed mods but you're still seeing the issue.  Please leave the mods out, delete the localthumbcache.package file from the Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sims 4 folder, then open your game and see if you're still having the issue.  That cache file can keep some of the impact of broken mods in your game and what you've described is similar to some known issues with BuildBuy mods, like TOOL and BetterBuildBuy.  You might also check to make sure you have the most recent / updated versions of those mods.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 3 (537 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks!  Your advice was helpful.  

Message 3 of 3 (525 Views)