Re: Bugs in Sims 4 Vampires/ Game unplayable

by crinrict

Original Post

Bugs in Sims 4 Vampires/ Game unplayable

★★ Novice

Game is unplayable even after uninstalling and installing, deleting all past saves and mods/cc. I keep getting the same error code when I go to play vampires. I play on my Mac and I've updated my computer and the game itself. I can play in all the other worlds except for vampires. Now when I played with a regular sim in the other world I got a call on the phone that kept repeating 12345678910 and it wouldn't let me end or accept the call. It's all messed up and I don't know what to do. The error code is 123:3588e863:bd6ef0dc 

Before deleting absolutely everything, I could edit my character, but I couldn't go play other characters in their homes, and I couldn't play within my home. 

Message 1 of 9 (341 Views)

Hero

Do you get the same error code (second block) for every household ?

Did you just delete your saves and mods or also other files in the doc folder ?

I know you said you reinstalled but could you try a repair as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (329 Views)

★★ Novice

When I used to have all my old mods and saves I would get the error code for each household in all the other worlds but now I seem to only get the error code in every household for the vampires world. I have repaired it multiple times.

Message 3 of 9 (309 Views)

★★ Novice

But yes I deleted everything in the sims 4 folder 

Message 4 of 9 (308 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Cleopatra319 Would you mind sending me your current save ? Instructions in my signature

EDIT: You have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/MOD-RELATED-Sims-disappeared-from-household-Blue-flash...

But I don't understand if you have this on a fresh save after deleting everything, including your mods.

Scratch that. Looking at wrong save ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict I sent them to you let me know if it works out

Message 6 of 9 (258 Views)

Hero
@Cleopatra319 I can't duplicate the issue on the save but maybe it's an issue of having packs you don't.

Could you list all packs you own?

Have you also tried renaming the user folder or even a new windows account and checking if it works there ? For testing purposes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (239 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict  all I have is the digital deluxe Sims 4 package and the sims 4 vampires. I'm a Mac user so I'm not sure about the folder or the other user account yet. I'll try my other user and login. 

Message 8 of 9 (230 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (225 Views)