by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buggy Collection Chest/Buyer's Beware

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs,City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Parenthood, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Perfect Patio, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Toddler, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pick up a few collectables, buy the Buyer's Beware Chest and pop them inside
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't move them out once they are in!
What do you expect to see? I'm almost certain you could move things out of the chest into personal inventories and the world to display them, gift them, breed frogs, etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch for Strangerville I think?

I do have a fair amount of cc and mods but have tried this with and without mods and it persists - I'm almost certain its a bug as I have tried everything to fix it! I believe this has only started happening after the latest patch for Strangerville as I remember everything being fine with it before hand. The Buyer's Beware Chest seems to be have buggy as hell since the latest patch to be honest - as I have also noticed my sims were putting books in it too rather than putting them on the bookshelf if you asked them to put one away...

Message 1 of 6 (1,903 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Buggy Collection Chest/Buyer's Beware

★★★ Novice

Final update incase anyone else ever runs into this issue... I fixed it! I deleted the Buyer Beware collection chest from the lot, then went to manage worlds. I then made a new household using the manage households function of the family I was playing in the save, and moved all the sims over. I then moved them back onto the lot as a “new household” (furnished), replaced the chest and it was fixed! For some reason, the previous collection was still there, but I could once again move stuff, so it was a win-win really - not having to start collecting from scratch and sorting out the issue. Thank you once again - if you hadn’t checked it out I would have just presumed it was a bug or a mod issue, but all by starting off by creating a new save, I was able to work it out Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,888 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero

Hi @panda-plumbobs 

while I do see the Sims having a tendency to use the chest as bookshelf (they always have been iirc), I don't have any other issues with the box.

Could you start a fresh save that never saw any mods/cc and test if you have the same issue there ? To find out if it's save related.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (1,900 Views)

★★★ Novice

Looks like its a save issue! Tried a clean save with mods disabled then exiting and renabling them as well as a clean save with mods enabled and both worked :/ Huge bummer as its my 100 baby challenge save and will be an arse to migrate to a new one... thanks for the help though!

Message 3 of 6 (1,895 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just been messing about further in the original save with the issue, looks like it is actually an issue with the collectables themselves. If I get a new one and add it to the chest, I’m able to move that one but none of the others...

Message 4 of 6 (1,893 Views)

★★★ Novice

Final update incase anyone else ever runs into this issue... I fixed it! I deleted the Buyer Beware collection chest from the lot, then went to manage worlds. I then made a new household using the manage households function of the family I was playing in the save, and moved all the sims over. I then moved them back onto the lot as a “new household” (furnished), replaced the chest and it was fixed! For some reason, the previous collection was still there, but I could once again move stuff, so it was a win-win really - not having to start collecting from scratch and sorting out the issue. Thank you once again - if you hadn’t checked it out I would have just presumed it was a bug or a mod issue, but all by starting off by creating a new save, I was able to work it out Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (1,889 Views)

Hero

Hi @panda-plumbobs 

good to hear you solved it.

Thanks for your feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (1,870 Views)