Bugged stairs and objects break daily

by doneltonj

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bugged stairs and objects break daily

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So when I try to rotate the house the stairs are removed, cant place them again. Even tried deleting the whole house. Cleared all the cache but problem still exists. Happens on more than one lot too, so far Ive only noticed the problem on Mt. Komorebi.

Also, the Cosy Kotatsu table breaks every other day, other objects break a bit too frequently as well.

Message 1 of 13 (500 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bugged stairs and objects break daily

★★★ Novice

Reinstall fixed that problem. Not sure how many others it created...

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (598 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@doneltonj Any mods in your game ? Lots are broken with the patch

Here's the current list for broken mods/cc https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/990224/b-u-broken-updated-mods-cc-may-27-2021-decorator-...

If you don't, have you tried a game repair ? Does it happen on all saves or just a particular one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict Happens on all saves. No mods. Repairing doesnt do anything.

Message 3 of 13 (476 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@doneltonj  Is the house on the Gallery to test? Which lots in Mount Komorebi have you tried to place it on, the name in map view. 

What do you mean with breaking?

Message 4 of 13 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@DonroaAkashuTried both a premade and one made by a player. The lots are 6-4-1 Hanamigawa, put a spa there. The other is 2-4-1 Wakabamori, put a residential there. Rotating the same building in another world works just fine.

Breaking as in leaking, smoking and stuff.

Message 5 of 13 (454 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@doneltonj Could you please say the name of the premade house, and also the one made by the player, so that I can try to test if it happens for me as well.

Which objects are leaking and smoking - plumbing and appliances? Like they break in gameplay and your sim have to repair or replace them? What lot traits do you have?

Message 6 of 13 (447 Views)

★★★ Novice

@DonroaAkashuIts the 6-4-1 Hanamigawa house.

Its the japanese table that keeps breaking and my sim has to repair it (or replace). Lot traits have been different or none at all.

Message 7 of 13 (442 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@doneltonj I tried to rotate the lot 6-4-1 Hanamigawa house in a new folder and save, and the stairs, and a lot of other items like windows, counters, dresser, mat disappears; both when I rotated the house and the whole lot. Different objects dissappeared whether I rotated left or right. I tried to place it through library on other lots but the issue persisted. I tried to rotate the 50X50 lot, 2-5-1 Wakabamori, but saw no objects turn yellow when hovering over the rotate buttons. I tried to rotate a couple of other lots as well, including my own, but no yellow objects except landscaping being in the way when rotating only house. 

You did not say the name of the spa you used, or if you used any other builds and on which lots. Could you please name them all?

I think the feature is for the interactive objects to break continuously if not upgraded, as part of the gameplay. Does the table break every sim day? How often does your sims use it? Does it work to upgrade it, or delete it and place a copy of it? 

Message 8 of 13 (408 Views)

★★★ Novice

@DonroaAkashuI cant remember the name of the spa. But since the house works on any other world but not on Mt. whateveritsnameis, I figured the world is the problem.

The table is used everyday since my sims eat there, maybe its on constantly and that makes it break quicker.

Gonna do a clean install and see if it works.

Message 9 of 13 (404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@doneltonj Since I can replicate the issue with the house I don't think a reinstall is necessary. You can do a repair though, in Origin.

I placed the house on other lots in Komorebi, and had the same issue, so for me it was the house. If you find other houses that does the same you can post the names here and I'll test some more.

You can also make a bug report for the issue, since it is a house that is premade with the game, even if created by a player. 

Message 10 of 13 (398 Views)