Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Fixed?] Bug With Cheats

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Type a cheat with testingcheats on
What happens when the bug occurs? Cheats won't work.
What do you expect to see? I type motherlode, I dosen't to anything. I need money!!!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't have anything.

Message 1 of 3 (482 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bug With Cheats

Champion

@MacaroniPug  (love your screen name, by the way! Heart )  You don't need the testingcheats true cheat to use the motherlode cheat!  Also, have you tried the kaching cheat or the rosebud cheat? Wondering

That said, my motherlode cheat is working just fine.  (So are testingcheats true and bb.showhiddenobjects.  I just tried these to be sure.)  Since you never used Mods or CC, at least we don't have to worry about that! Angel  

You can try to see if clearing you thumb cache package file and repairing your game helps:

1) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

2) Log In to Origin and click on "My Game Library"

3) Right-click on the picture of The Sims 4

4) Click on the "Repair" option in the list

You need to wait until Origin fixes all packs and not just the base game (I know you don't' have any installed, but I added that for anybody else having a similar problem that might have some packs installed. Wink )

Now you can test your game to see if you can use Motherlode or other cheats. Standard smile

Please update us on it this works or not! Fingers crossed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (465 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@MacaroniPug  (love your screen name, by the way! Heart )  You don't need the testingcheats true cheat to use the motherlode cheat!  Also, have you tried the kaching cheat or the rosebud cheat? Wondering

That said, my motherlode cheat is working just fine.  (So are testingcheats true and bb.showhiddenobjects.  I just tried these to be sure.)  Since you never used Mods or CC, at least we don't have to worry about that! Angel  

You can try to see if clearing you thumb cache package file and repairing your game helps:

1) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

2) Log In to Origin and click on "My Game Library"

3) Right-click on the picture of The Sims 4

4) Click on the "Repair" option in the list

You need to wait until Origin fixes all packs and not just the base game (I know you don't' have any installed, but I added that for anybody else having a similar problem that might have some packs installed. Wink )

Now you can test your game to see if you can use Motherlode or other cheats. Standard smile

Please update us on it this works or not! Fingers crossed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (466 Views)

★★★ Novice

I didn't even notice that you replied Large smile. I don't exactly remember since it's been so long, though I'm pretty sure the command works now. Thanks btw! 

Message 3 of 3 (403 Views)