Broken game after 7/31 update

by sUperJennI0727

Original Post

Broken game after 7/31 update

★ Apprentice

Soooo, ever since the game updated on the 31st, my sims 4 for PC is unbelievably broken. Gameplay is almost not possible. I took the mods and the cc out of my game, repaired game, still broken. Uninstalled, reinstalled with nothing in the mods folder, still broken. The loading screen that pops up after you click play on the household is what takes the longest. 5 minutes and some change again, with nothing in the mods folder. Other various things like not being able to click on certain spots in the game(mouse pointer turns from in-game white to regular mouse pointer black) YouTubers who have LPs are also experiencing gameplay issues so I’m glad it’s not just me. Is EA doing another update to fix this? What can be done?

thanks!

Message 1 of 9 (604 Views)

Re: Broken game after 7/31 update

Hero

Hi @sUperJennI0727

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (587 Views)

★ Apprentice

Alas, I’ve repaired this game 6 or 7 times trying to fix this. I def did the things you suggested and it may just be my lame laptop and it can’t handle any real gaming. So I’ll just deal with it til I’m able to get a proper desktop

thank you!

Message 3 of 9 (546 Views)

Hero

Hi @sUperJennI0727

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Maybe there's something in there that can help finding out what's going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (515 Views)

★ Apprentice

Beware, these specs are going to be super **tty 😂 At least they’re pretty low according to what origin says the game needs.. I will attach the file to the post now..

thanks for all your help!

Message 5 of 9 (480 Views)

★ Apprentice

DxDiag Information

Message 6 of 9 (477 Views)

Hero

Hi @sUperJennI0727

yup, that's below minimum specs. The processor is kinda ok but your graphics chip is below.

Which packs do you own and what settings are your graphics on in the graphics tab in options ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (441 Views)

★ Apprentice

😂 My poor little Walmart laptop.. I own all of the exp packs, dine out, and movie hangout and patio stuff. My graphics are custom low/medium and I think one or two things may be set to ‘off’. I tried doing everything low/off,  but it makes the game look so ugly lol so I settle for longer load time at medium/low. I probly have about 1600 cc files and about 10-15 mod files. Thinking of taking most of my build/buy cc out..

Message 8 of 9 (433 Views)

Hero

Yeah, try to reduce some files .. do you have laptop mode on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (429 Views)