Re: Broken Things, Sick Pets

by kreatora

Original Post

Broken Things, Sick Pets

★★★ Newbie

Hey fellow simmers, I'm having some frustrating issues with Sims 4. I have one main household that I play. One Sim and two dogs. Every time I play, one of my dogs gets sick. EVERY time. I play a few times a week and these last couple of days, I've had to go to the vet like 4 times already. And along with constantly taking my dogs to the vet; pretty much everything in the house breaks. Sinks, washer & dryer, toilet. Pretty much anything with water. Just over and over. Always replacing something and mopping. Has anyone else experienced these issues? I do have CC mods and I know they can clog up the game and create bugs so I've been deleting a lot of them and trying to keep as little as possible. 

Message 1 of 2 (142 Views)

Re: Broken Things, Sick Pets

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@nazgulnuggets

In the construction mode, change home trait - .top left a corner of the page. Information panel  Add the house trait: "gnomes fix all objects" or something like that - I do not remember this name exactly. 
First of all, delete the localthumbcache.package file and all the folders which contain the word "cache" in the name from the game folder. There are saved game errors.
Then, move the mods folder to the desktop.
Turn on the game and play by some time without mods and CC to check if these errors disappeared. I know it is difficult to part with your favorite mods and CC, but you have to endure it somehow.
If the game is working correctly.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find culprits and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 2 (129 Views)