Re: Broken Simpoint Ads Play But Don't Pay

by Panda14616

Original Post

Button for free simpoints ad still missing!

★★★ Novice

It's been about a year and the button to watch an ad for free simpoints on the sims 3 store website is still missing! I tried different browsers, changed my location, nothing worked! EA claims that it's "temporarily disabled and that they'll fix it" (https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Broken-Simpoint-Ads-Play-But-Don-t-Pay/m-p/6155638/highlight/tr...), but it's been about a year and they still haven't fixed it! There are still tons of sims 3 players, you know? EA, please fix the free simpoints ad ASAP instead of focusing on DLCS for DLCS!!

Message 141 of 156 (1,786 Views)

Re: Button for free simpoints ad still missing!

@SimmerHeaven  The function to watch ads for free SimPoints was broken a year ago, and instead of fixing it, EA just disabled the feature.  There's been no real news since, so it's unlikely that the ads are coming back any time soon.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 142 of 156 (1,748 Views)

Re: Button for free simpoints ad still missing!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I understand, but why doesn't EA at least try to fix it? All they do is focus on a bunch of stuff packs with items that should've been in expansions! They should be nice and try to fix it!

Message 143 of 156 (1,735 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It has been so long and still no answers. Is this problem actually being looked at and maybe fixed by anyone?

Message 144 of 156 (1,792 Views)

@Panda14616  Is anyone looking into this?  Probably not.  It's been more than a year, and there hasn't been any progress, or even a real promise of progress.  Unfortunately, it seems like this feature is gone for good.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 145 of 156 (1,765 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My last post a month ago directly included tags to EA_Mai and EA_Mage and received no response. I consider this issue a done deal as well.

As I've stated before, I own the store, so this doesn't impact me directly. I just feel that the way they left it dangling was horrendously unprofessional, even for EA/Origin.

Message 146 of 156 (1,721 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It is now September 2018 and there have been no responses from any of the EA Officials. Also this post keeps getting buried so no one is seeing it. I do not think this is a problem that will ever get fixed. Unless we want to spend thousands of dollars for points then the objects are not available. This is a very money hungry company that only cares about making money and not where it comes from. They do not listen to us or care what we have to say as long as their pockets are full.

Message 147 of 156 (1,479 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, it really stinks!  I miss stalking the Daily Deals with my accumulated points!!  I still have some unspent points, that i guess I better spend while I still can!

Message 148 of 156 (1,465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Panda14616 As much as I regret the loss of ads, and disdain EA's silence on this issue, I disagree with your attitude. And it is not unique to you, so please understand that this is an open statement and not a personal assault.

In my opinion...

EA wants to make money. For anyone who understands how business works, this should not be a surprise. You create a product and then find a market, or see a market and then create a product. Whichever comes first, the ultimate goal is to profit off of your efforts. When we go to work each day, we expect to get paid for the effort we put in. This only happens when the companies we work for show a profit from the products they sell. Whether that product is a hard good or a service.

EA sells entertainment products. As such, no one's lives depend on those products.

If a consumer cannot afford their product, no one is hurt. This means that they have a right to price the product as they wish. If I want it and can afford it, then I buy it. If not, EA needs to depend on others for their income. The economical logic of how they price their product is out of my hands. Sometimes profit is based on unit price, sometimes by volume of units sold.

I want a PS4. But, I cannot afford one, plus the price of games. Therefore, I do not own a PS4. This is not Sony's fault, or problem. This is the same for EA's products.

Actually, the fact that EA created a process, the ads, for people to obtain product they could not otherwise afford, was a generous move. They did not have to. Was generosity their motive. Probably not. Sales of TS3 store items had probably dipped and ad revenues were a way to increase store profits. When the ads were malfunctioning and they were receiving complaints, they decided it was not worth the effort to maintain them. Another business based decision. We may complain here, but we are no longer calling customer dis-service about technical problems on the site.

I wish the ads had continued. Or that they had come back. I was given much of my store content free through the ad program. (Some prefer the phrase "earned through watching.") I would love to see others have the same benefits. But I do not think their being gone makes EA a bad company.

That being said, I do have other issues with EA not supporting their customers properly once we have paid for a product. Notice my use of the term "customer dis-service." They are still selling TS3 at full price, knowing full well that there are bugs that will never be fixed. We are treated like pariah when we do call for support. They have not officially dropped support for the game, but good luck finding someone on the support team who has a clue how to help with even the most basic problem. It's just that dropping the ads is not one of the reasons for my current opinion of the company.

Message 149 of 156 (1,402 Views)

Re: where are the store ads

★★★ Newbie
It has been over a year without a response from you. EA said this issue would be fixed, yet nothing has happened. Is this another TS3 bug EA is never going to bother to fix?

The game is barely playable with all the bugs EA has left in the game and mods have to be used so the game is playable at all (barely). The least EA could do is fix the things it said it would fix. Or is that too much to expect as well?
Message 150 of 156 (1,347 Views)