SimPoints not credited after latest maintenance

by BlackholeViper

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Broken Simpoint Ads Play But Don't Pay

★★★★ Apprentice

This is the most recent thread for this issue... which is still happening.

It stopped briefly after the "maintenance" the other day (still don't know what they did, since everything is still broken), but I watched a bunch of ads yesterday morning and, 36 hours later, the points still have not been credited to my account.

Currently, buying SP is not an option for me. And, even if it was, I probably still wouldn't because EA can't fix one thing without breaking 50 others and I've had it with the company in general.

See, EA receives real money from the ad partners every time we click. But they promised us bonus SP for clicking, and it seems unfair that they get paid while not paying us in return.

I'd like to see an official response from EA with regards to this issue. Why aren't you guys holding up your end of the deal? How do you plan to fix this, and when?

Message 2 of 156 (6,869 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Broken Simpoint Ads Play But Don't Pay

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi all,

I have merged a couple of messages from other thread to this one, as they were posted in a thread about another issue. Please, remember to keep the threads on topic Wink

I'm going to forward your reports, thanks for letting us know about it! If I have any information for you, I'll post it here as soon as possible.

For now, those of you who have this issue, please remember to press the 'Me too' button in the first post if you haven't done it already.

Thanks again, and sorry for the inconvenience,

Mai

PS: I'm marking this post as solution for visibility. We are not considering this issue fixed.

View in thread

Message 12 of 156 (6,617 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

SimPoints not credited after latest maintenance

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Mai I'd like to report that ever since the latest maintenance I'm not longer being credited any simpoints whatsoever, no matter what ad I watch. Is that a known issue? Could someone check if its a problem with my account specifically? Name is as here "Jahnna".

Message 1 of 156 (6,567 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Store Specials, Login, and Make Me An Offer Broken

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Mai My MMAO is working correctly, but since several weeks now my SimPoint-ads are only visible when I am not logged in. Each time after I log in there are no SimPoint-ads.

Switching to different browsers, turning off ad-blocking, clearing cache has been to no avail. Please help! Thank you so much in advance.

Message 3 of 156 (6,549 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue as lauravonawesome. Frown

Message 4 of 156 (6,572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_MaiI'm in the same position as @Jahnna. My MMAO works fine but, since the most recent maintenance, I haven't received credit for any of the ads I watched. I know I'm not the only one with this problem, so would appreciate a fix~ thanks!

My TS3 Store and Origin accounts are both lauravonawesome.

Message 5 of 156 (6,535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@BlackholeViper My points also are no longer being added after watching ads sadly.

Message 6 of 156 (6,511 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same here issue here! 

Message 7 of 156 (6,541 Views)

★ Guide

I am still having the same issue also. It is irritating to sit and spend the time watching/running them (especially the ones that go for 2, 3 or more minutes long) then not to get the sim points EA promised.

The sponsors paying per click probably do not care if we get the points or not, because they are getting what they pay for - people watching their ads. So it would not even do any good to let the sponsors know what EA is doing. Which is too bad. because if EA had the sponsors on their back they would fix it.

I hope they fix it soon, because that is a nice little bonus they were giving us.

Message 8 of 156 (6,514 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am also having the same problem with ads not giving me the points after they finish playing

Message 9 of 156 (6,512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This is my first post here, just came and glad to find people actually talk about this issue here. Since the actual Sims forums seem useless now. I've been plagued by this problem for at least 3 weeks. I've tried Chrome, Firefox and Edge. I've disabled all kinds of adblocks, script blockers and even tracker-blockers like Ghostery, and have even gone into the browser settings of each individual browser to try to resolve this, nothing is fixing this problem. Not even on my phone, the ads play and give me a congratulatory message saying I will receive simpoints within 10 business days, but nothing happens after clicking okay. Absolutely ALL of the current ads are doing this for me, but a month or so ago most of the ads were working just fine. You guys screwed up this wave of ads, nothing ever works. Please fix this.

Message 10 of 156 (6,505 Views)