Re: Broken Overview and CAS

by danice710

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Broken Overview and CAS

★ Novice

I did the recent June 2021 update and my game as been unplayable since. I did the update yesterday and my world overview is weird. It's covered in these orange-ish brown clouds with sunlight shinning through the entire overview. I prefer making sims instead of actually playing with them so i don't know how this affects the gameplay. But the CAS i bugged too, nothing shows up. There's a auto-generated sim and the background. there's also the gallery and menu buttons but they're useless. i wasn't able to even click on the sim. I was completely stuck in the CAS. The only way i was able to leave was by shutting off my computer and re opening it (I also figured out how to close it using task manager afterwards). No clue if this bug was already talked about but i couldnt find anything regarding it online so this is my final attempt at trying to fix it before reseting my game completely. Please help me, would be much apreciated Standard smile

For the CAS: I can change some body proportions, zoom in and rotate the sims around but can't do anything else. the buttons at the top are not working, i cant leave. The background is a cc but i've had it for a while so it's impossible it's that since it didn't bug out when i first got it. (Sorry for the bad cropping, i tried to put every thing in since it not in fullscreen.)

Screenshots for reference:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BhH6jiwhjUbwa22YZjD58amEfzyNVPCL3cSxJaTiH18/edit?usp=sharing

Message 1 of 5 (2,592 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@JadeOfSkyChroma  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please move your Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and see whether you still have the issue.  You don't need to continue playing without mods and custom content; this is just a useful test.

By the way, the Google Drive link doesn't work: it's set to either be private or restricted to people on your pre-approved list.  You'd need to change the setting to "anyone with this link" to make it public.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,582 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@JadeOfSkyChroma  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please move your Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and see whether you still have the issue.  You don't need to continue playing without mods and custom content; this is just a useful test.

By the way, the Google Drive link doesn't work: it's set to either be private or restricted to people on your pre-approved list.  You'd need to change the setting to "anyone with this link" to make it public.

Message 2 of 5 (2,583 Views)

★ Novice

It works now, i just dont have my cc anymore but the game is playable now! Is there anything else i need to do to? Also, i tried fixing the google thing: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BhH6jiwhjUbwa22YZjD58amEfzyNVPCL3cSxJaTiH18/edit?usp=sharing

Don't know if it'll work now but my friends who i sent it too say it works. If it doesn't i'll just use another way to share the screenshots.

Message 3 of 5 (2,547 Views)

@JadeOfSkyChroma  That's good to hear, and yes, your screenshots are accessible now.

What you can try is adding back your mods and custom content in batches, testing each time to see whether the game still works.  I'd suggest redownloading your mods at least: you can check the creators' pages to see whether they've been updated for or confirmed compatible with the latest patch.  Back up your saves before you start as well, or just the entire saves folder, so you don't need to worry about anything going wrong.

Message 4 of 5 (2,533 Views)

★★ Novice

for me, it was the woohoo wellness mod :/ at least my game is playable now

Message 5 of 5 (2,494 Views)