Re: Broken Dryer? Replace it and take a bath.

by crinrict

Original Post

Broken Dryer? Replace it and take a bath.

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Strangerville
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Resume a dryer cycle after choosing replace when the dryer breaks. With a stacked washer/dryer and a bathtub on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a dryer breaks and you choose to replace it rather than repair it or sell it and replace in build buy mode, a very strange thing happens. The clothes show that they're soaked or damp and used. The only option is to remove them and put them down. But the sims don't do that. Instead, they take the clothes out, carry them to the bath tub, get in the tub and leave the wet clothes on the floor.
What do you expect to see? I expect either the clothes to not suddenly be dirty or the sim to put the clothes in the washer or hamper instead of randomly getting in the bath.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When a dryer breaks and you choose to replace it rather than repair it or sell it and replace in build buy mode, a very strange thing happens. The clothes show that they're soaked or damp and used. The only option is to remove them and put them down. But the sims don't do that. Instead, they take the clothes out, carry them to the bath tub, get in the tub and leave the wet clothes on the floor.

Message 1 of 4 (381 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@murryshinoda : Since you have mods, try testing without them? (Move them to a safe place on your computer, delete localthumbcache.package, and Repair game in Origin; DON'T save while testing!)
Message 2 of 4 (373 Views)

Hero
@murryshinoda Did you have a chance to test this with no mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (312 Views)

Hero
@murryshinoda Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (279 Views)