by crinrict

Original Post

Broken CAS trait [no or less traits]

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL except Dream Home Decorator GP, Journey to Batuu GP, Courtyard Oasis Kit, Bust the Dust kit, and Throwback fit kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Once you load the save, going to the CAS, my traits appear broken. In my active household, 2 of my sims [teens] have no trait slots nor list showing up. In other households, I can see no traits or fewer trait slots for different age groups ex. 2 traits for an adult/elder sim, 1 trait for a teenager ..etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. I casually jumped in CAS to change an outfit and I noticed it. I have to say: traits still appear in the sims profile and in the UI in gameplay mode but not in CAS. Also, I had mods in my game; which I thought caused this bug but removing the mods didn't change anything. the sims themselves continue to have no or fewer trait slots/trait list/traits appearing in their CAS.
What do you expect to see? When I click CAS for a sim, I expect to see 1-3 traits and a trait list appearing in CAS for each individual sim based on their age.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Active household is: WonderDust [I included one screenshot of one of the teens' CAS previews]

I picked another unplayed household: True family - they have 3 members [2 children + 1 teen] with no traits. 1 teen [ only 1 trait shows up instead of 2] .. the adults appear normal in this family.

I am also including my save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/125vqJbBgowJ6zc_qjRrykh8pDkQKnTKA/view?usp=sharing

Message 1 of 4 (1,746 Views)

Re: Broken CAS trait [no or less traits]

[ Edited ]
Hero

@NerdySnailie To me it looks like some incompatible mod borked your save for good. I get messages for aspirations and traits being removed from the game.

Make sure to update all your mods before putting them back

To fix the issue, you can take the Sim to CAS with the cheat cas.fulleditmode on (put testingcheats first)

You can then pick new traits and use save as to save your game. You can then continue on the new version and delete the old.

Kudos to the folks over at the Sims After Dark Discord

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,703 Views)

★ Apprentice

But, in my game even with a repaired game, totally empty mod folder .. these trait slots and list remain unseen or as seen in the photos. I have no idea how did you get the trait removed pop up in CAS; I'd dare to say I never saw it before. May you explain that a bit more?

Message 3 of 4 (1,663 Views)

Hero
@NerdySnailie Sorry, I missed your answer.

Did you try entering the game with the cAS.fulleditmode cheat ?

1. Open the save game in live mode and load your family
2. Open the cheat console and type testingcheats true
3. Still in the cheat console type cas.fulleditmode on
5. Shift click on any Sim in your household and choose modify in CAS
6. You should now be able to give them new traits.
7. Save the game (under a new name would be best).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,597 Views)