Brand new laptop keeps crashing

by UtopianSimGenie

Original Post

Highlighted

Brand new laptop keeps crashing

★ Novice

I just purchased this laptop, thinking it would be able to run TS4 but appears I may have got it wrong?

I have not managed to play for more than an hour and a half, but its sometimes crashing after 10 minutes of play. Computer doesn't feel hot, and I have 'laptop mode' selected in game options.

I think I have attached DXdiag...im not very technical!  

Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 4 (420 Views)

Re: Brand new laptop keeps crashing

Community Manager

@UtopianSimGenie 

Your CPU does not meet the following Minimum System Requirements: 

MINIMUM SPECS:
OS: 64 Bit Required. Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
CPU: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
RAM: At least 4 GB RAM
DISC DRIVE: DVD Rom Drive required for installation only
HARD DRIVE: At least 15 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
VIDEO: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0, 10 and 11 Compatible
INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (407 Views)

★ Novice

Does the term Intel i5 refer to the CPU? If so, I read through loads of threads stating that this was adequate to run the game. 

My confusion asides, is this something I simply cant rectify now? I'm really confused, my daughter has an older machine with much lower spec and can run the game no problem, including with lots of CC. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 4 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA SPORTS FC Team

The CPU listed a speed of 1GHz, but when I checked on the Intel website, it can get a boost up to 3.6GHz. For The Sims 4, at least an Intel Core II Duo 2.0GHz is required and it looks like this is a multi-core processor that could potentially reach higher speeds.

You can check on the Can You Run It website to see if you should be able to run the game, it compares your PC hardware to the requirements that Barry posted. 

Topic moved to the PC section. 

UPDATE

@puzzlezaddict Let me know that this might be caused due to the drivers for the graphics chip crashing.

It might be worth trying uninstalling the graphics drivers by using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and then downloading and installing the graphics drivers again. 

@UtopianSimGenie 

Jason.png
Message 4 of 4 (315 Views)