Bought sims 3 on steam wont let me register game on the sims 3 store

by HyperMadDJ

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bought sims 3 on steam wont let me register game on the sims 3 store

★ Novice

Hello! so I bought Sims 3 around 2-3 weeks ago and just today found out you can register the codes provided to me in the Sims 3 store for Sim points. Well, when I tried this the site said that the codes were invalid and didn't work. Keep in mind that I didn't find out that you could register the game until today so I have not used the codes before. Can somebody tell me why this happens? Has anybody else faced this problem before and how can this be fixed.

Message 1 of 3 (778 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bought sims 3 on steam wont let me register game on the sims 3 store

@HyperMadDJ  Please try clearing your browser cache, or using a different browser.  The codes are supposed to work, unless something has changed in the last month or two.

You can also try adding them to your Origin account instead.

If these steps don't help, it would be best to contact EA customer support.  Be sure to have proof of purchase and ownership—in your case, screenshots of the confirmation email and your Steam library with codes showing—would be helpful as well.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you still can't get anywhere, please post back, and I'll ask an EA community manager to look into this.  Again, if Steam codes can't be transferred to Origin, this is an entirely new development.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (775 Views)

All Replies

@HyperMadDJ  Please try clearing your browser cache, or using a different browser.  The codes are supposed to work, unless something has changed in the last month or two.

You can also try adding them to your Origin account instead.

If these steps don't help, it would be best to contact EA customer support.  Be sure to have proof of purchase and ownership—in your case, screenshots of the confirmation email and your Steam library with codes showing—would be helpful as well.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you still can't get anywhere, please post back, and I'll ask an EA community manager to look into this.  Again, if Steam codes can't be transferred to Origin, this is an entirely new development.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (776 Views)

★ Novice
thank you so much for the help! I tried it on a different browser and worked instantly!
Message 3 of 3 (770 Views)