Re: Bought / registered digital game on Origin - Serial Codes Not Working on Sims Website!

by islandgirl29

Original Post

Re: Bought / registered digital game on Origin - Serial Codes Not Working on Sims Website!

★★★ Newbie

I guess nothing has been done since im having the same issue buying online Frown

Message 51 of 87 (976 Views)

★ Novice

Same here. This is so stupid  -_-

Message 52 of 87 (957 Views)

★ Novice

I just bought Showtime from Orgins and had the same problem. Tthey gave me a new code and it said I registered it. but it didnt work I guess and now I still cant access the site properly.

Message 53 of 87 (947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I always have the same problem with Origin digital downloads. It is annoying because it was better when we could manually register the games, they would show up as registered automatically. Now, it claims that Origin automatically registers them for us which is why when we try and enter the code ourselves, it says "invalid" because it's already been registered. However, this annoyingly doesn't show up as having been registered on the "my page" area of the website and it doesn't let you get the extras from registering. When I got University, it took about 3 months until it showed up as being registered. Last week, I contacted EA help and the person helped me to register another SP that I'd bought. I have bought 2 worlds and 1 EP last week which still haven't shown up as being registered but when I asked for help, the person I spoke to just said "Well you can still play the game". Yes I can, but it should not be this difficult and time consuming for it to show as being registered and for us to be able to get the extras from registering the EP's.

Message 54 of 87 (919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am having the same problem :-(

I recently brought the digital download of Island Paradise and when I try to go into game it says connect to the internet but I am connected :-(

Before this happened I never used to have to connect to the internet if i wanted to play the game,and it never said What it says now and that is : Your game needs access to the internet in order to verify ownership of this game. Please ensure that your computer is online and try again.

My computer is connected to the internet because I am able to leave a message on here and I am logged into the sims 3 :-(

Message 55 of 87 (856 Views)

Community Manager

This is how it is supposed to work:

When you purchase The Sims 3 or any of its Expansions or Stuff Packs through Origin, you no longer need to manually register your product through The Sims 3’s website. Just make sure that your Origin account details match the details of your Sims account, and Origin will register your products for you.

If you already have an Origin account and bought The Sims 3 or any of its Expansions or Stuff Packs through Origin, you do not need to create an account on the Sims 3 website. Just log in with your Origin account, leave out the game code when you first login, and you should be able to see your products on your "My Page" website after about 60 minutes.

Read more on how to register your game here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Information-How-to-Register-The-Sims-3/m-p/387162

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 56 of 87 (846 Views)

Community Manager

I added the links to the Registration Rewards to the "[Information] How to Register The Sims 3" thread. Please log in with your Origin account to be able to download the rewards.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 57 of 87 (845 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem as we speak....

Message 58 of 87 (563 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's 2013 and I am having the same issues as everyone else. Does EA/Origin plan on fixing this at all?  Did any of you get your issues fixed and questions answered?

Message 59 of 87 (539 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having an issue with this, I bought several expansions this week on retail(Showtime, Island paradise, pets, Generations and university). I started by registering Showtime on Origin(big mistake), and registered all the others on sims3.com, all the other ones got automatically added to Origin, but showtime wasn't added to thesims3.com. I contacted support and been told to wait 48 hours and the game should show up on the website.

Message 60 of 87 (507 Views)