Re: Bought Sims 3 years ago...where is it?

by JulieBiz

Original Post

Re: Can't confirm game code

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict
Thanks a lot
Message 40 of 194 (1,257 Views)

Disk Drive no longer works, can't redeem game

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hi all!

I purchased Sims3  back in 2012, but as of recent my disk drive on my Mac no longer works. I've tried redeeming my code on Origins but it says my code has already been redeemed, which is true. 

How do I continue to play my purchased game without the disc? 

Message 41 of 194 (968 Views)

Re: Disk Drive no longer works, can't redeem game

[ Edited ]

@VvBonjour  Your Mac likely wouldn't recognize the discs even if it had a disc drive: all versions of macOS starting with El Capitan (10.11) will fail to authenticate Sims 3 discs.

Did you ever register your codes either in Origin or on the old Sims 3 site ( www.thesims3.com )?  If so, just login to Origin with the same email address and password you used back then, and your content should already be in your Origin library, from where you can download it, for free.  If you're not sure what account you might have used, just enter any email address you can think of in the Origin login window, click I forgot my password, and see if you get a password recovery email.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 42 of 194 (952 Views)

Re: Disk Drive no longer works, can't redeem game

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thanks for this quick reply! So I spoke with an EA employee and tried recovering an old account, but he said none of the e-mails I gave him were connected to the account. I've put in a case to see what they come up with, but I think I'll be at a loss if that info doesn't come back verified.
Message 43 of 194 (927 Views)

Bought Sims 3 years ago...where is it?

★★★ Newbie

I bought Sims 3 years ago, I still have the DVD but the game will not install on my new computer. Windows 10 of course. So I logged on into my Origin account, the game is no longer there (yes I registered it back then), so I used my product code to redeem it, it says that the code has been already entered. Yeah, by me years ago! So why can't I play with my game? Where is it?

Message 44 of 194 (1,031 Views)

@JulieBiz  Is it possible you redeemed the code on a different Origin account, or on the old Sims 3 site ( www.thesims3.com )?  If so, login to Origin with that account information, and the game should be in your library.

Message 45 of 194 (1,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Perhaps...I think I registered on TheSims3.com, but I also had an old Origin account but the informations provided were out of date apparently. I'll check that out and let you know. Thank you! Standard smile

Message 46 of 194 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey it worked! Thank you so much!! It was indeed another account I've used that I had forgotten! :D

Message 47 of 194 (1,010 Views)

Invalid Code - Sims 3 World Adventures expansion pack.

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

Last year I purchased The Sims 3 World Adventures expansion pack in my nearest shop, i had installed it with all my other expansion packs on origin. 

I had this all downloaded on a computer that I no longer have (everything had to be uninstalled and sent off), so I decided that I wanted to play the sims again

on my laptop.

So I started downloading all my packs back on origin, until it came to the world adventures. I somehow lost my CD for it so i couldn't download it that way. Luckily I still have

the code for it, but whenever i go onto 'Redeem Product Code' on origin and type in the code, it says that the code has already been redeemed. I still have my case for the game and the code 

as proof that i did buy it, but I do not know what to do. 

Any suggestions? 

Message 48 of 194 (970 Views)

Re: Invalid Code - Sims 3 World Adventures expansion pack.

@LifeboatSam  Did you register World Adventures in Origin when you first installed it?  If so, it should still be in your Origin game library.  Click on the Sims 3 icon, select More > Expansion Packs, and scroll all the way to the bottom of the list to WA.  If the pack has an orange Download button, you can download it that way.

If the button says Buy Now, is it possible you registered it to a different account on the old Sims 3 site, or the store site?  In that case, Origin would read the code as used because it shares information with the store.  If this is the issue, you could contact EA customer support to have your accounts merged.  Keep in mind that the account being merged will likely lose any store content it owns.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you never registered your code but it still reads as used, did you buy a secondhand copy of the WA?  It's possible the original owner used the code at some point.  In that case, you'd unfortunately be out of luck—EA does not allow content to be registered a second time or transferred from one account to another.

Message 49 of 194 (951 Views)