Re: Blur around Sims hair/trees. (Post Processing?)

by crinrict

Original Post

Blur around Sims hair/trees. (Post Processing?)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi everyone,

A few days ago I installed a new graphics card (GTX 2070).

When I booted up the game it said that my graphics card was not recognized, but the game will be in max settings. (which it is).

However, ever since I installed the new card, I have a blur around my Sims hair and trees. (Images below).

sims4blur.JPGsims4blur2.JPGsims4blur3.JPG

As you can see, there is quite a blurry/fuzzy thing going on around certain parts.

I figured that it would completely go away when I turn off ''Post Processing'' in the options, but I'd rather not do that since I quite like the sun rays and the slight depth of field motion blur in general.

I don't know if this has always been like this and it only bothers me now, or if it is not how it should be. 

I tried tweaking my Nvidia settings and everything with no luck so far.

Any idea how I can solve this? (or if it's even a thing that can be solved at all?)

I made sure that my graphics card driver is up to date.

My specs:

I7-8700K @ 3,7GHz
16GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 2070
Direct X 12.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8 (1,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I get the same thing in my game and have learnt to not notice it though I believe it's caused by my low-end laptop.
My best guess is to fiddle with the graphics settings as doing so has fixed issues for me in the past.
Message 2 of 8 (1,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @RudydeJong 

it's probably best to manually add your card to the database to see if that gets better.

If you give me your vendor/deviceID I can tell you what you'll need to add to the sgr file.

All info here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-READ-Unrecognized-Video-Card/m-p/7600944#M13596...

Did you test the post-processing part ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (1,175 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict Thanks a lot for the reply.

I looked up my id's. It looks like this:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1F02&SUBSYS_37341462&REV_A1

In Nvidia control panel:

Device ID: 10DE 1F02 37341462
Part Number: G160 0051 

I indeed tested the post processing option and that solves the issue completely, however that also elimminates sunrays and all that stuff, so I prefer to play with the bloom/sunrays on.

I just never really noticed this blur like I showed around trees and Sims to be an issu, and I cannot remember if it always has been there or not. My settings are all on maximum, and the rest of the game looks totally fine.

Thanks for the help so far. I hope getting the graphicscard recognized can help.

Message 4 of 8 (1,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hope so too.

To add:

Navigate to this file:

programs(x86)\Origin\The Sims 4\Game\bin\GraphicsCards.sgr (path may vary depending on your setting)

Create a backup of the file then open with any text editor

Find the following line: vendor "NVIDIA" 0x10b4 0x12d2 0x10de

Add the following after that it:

card 0x1F02 "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2070" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh

Save and close.

Run the game and see if it's better.

Also check if the card is now found properly as described in the other post.

Your changes will be lost with the next patch but hopefully Maxis will add the new cards by then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (1,151 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict Thank you very much for the help!

I got the game to recognize the card, however it's still the same.

I guess it's just me being overly picky with details. It might have been there from the start and I just never bothered with it.

The rest of the game looks totally fine, so I just turned off Post Processing in case I really can't see past it.

I just made a copy of the file so I can add that again to the files when they patch the game and still didn't upgrade the supported card list. (probably later this month).

Thanks again!

Message 6 of 8 (1,127 Views)

Hero
I never really notice these things so they don't bother me.

I'll check with some other helpers if they have a 'cure'

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (1,120 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi!

First of all it would be amazing if you could check if there is any other windows open that could be taking up your Graphics as although you have an amazing GTX 2070 it might be getting used up by other tabs on your pc!

Happy Gaming!

Reggie!

Message 8 of 8 (1,104 Views)