Re: Blank map

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Blank map

★ Novice

Hi

Not too long ago I restored my computer. Before I restored The sims 3 was working fine, no problems at all. But I just re-installed it and the town map is blank. I can see the icons but the landscape and the buildings are blank. If I zoom in everything looks normal but on the town map, everything is blank. I've tried changing the graphics options but they won't save, I've tried three times. I can play the game normally otherwise (as far as I can tell) but it's quite annoying not being able to look around the town. I find it strange since it used to work perfectly fine before but now... you get the point. 

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know, thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (1,228 Views)

@YFloover  It's possible that your options.ini file, inside your TS3 game folder in Documents, has become corrupt; this would explain your inability to save any changes to the graphics options.  You can trash the options file, and a new one will spawn when you launch the game again.

It's also possible that TS3 is using the wrong graphics card, or not properly recognizing the one you have.  Or, there could be an issue with your graphics card and its drivers.  To cover these possibilities, and quite a few more, please run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Please also list the packs you have installed.  And it would be helpful as well to see the first 40 lines of your deviceconfig, up to where the list of game options starts.  This file is also in your game folder.  You can copy the info into the post here (please use the spoiler function, next to strikethrough).  Delete the user and machine names if you want; the rest of the info isn't specific to you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (1,219 Views)

★ Novice

I apologise for the awfully late answer, I forgot what e-mail I had used when I made this account and after trying to figure it out for a while I kind of just gave up. It's just now recently, in the light of a new problem, that I figured out which one it was. The problem has been resolved, thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 4 (1,027 Views)

@YFloover  Don't worry about the late answer.  A lot of people never come back at all, and if I had a problem with that, I probably wouldn't still be posting on this site.

Anyway, I'm glad the issue is resolved for you now.  I'm curious what you did to fix it, if anything, especially since this particular issue can have a few different causes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (1,015 Views)