Blank Text Bubbles and no Descriptions??

by kerry_a_mullan

Original Post

Blank Text Bubbles and no Descriptions??

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

For a few months now my sims 4 game hasn't been showing text inside some bubbles when you click on some items e.g the dishwasher.  its just a blank bubble. Also the same with some traits. what i'm assuming is supposed to be the jealousy trait (a green eye) doesn't show a trait name or description. This is only to name a few examples.

today i installed the new 16th anniversary update which has just made things even worse! i have two pictures of gardening tools in my hire a services phone option but no descriptions on what i'm ordering, i have no name or description on the new kleptomaniac trait and i haven't got the new grilled cheese aspiration (even after making and eating the grilled cheese).

It is making the game unplayable as i am unable to know what i'm clicking on!!!!

it is driving me insane!

Message 1 of 5 (12,228 Views)

Re: Blank Text Bubbles and no Descriptions??

Hero

Please refer to this sticky post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/td-p/3903165/j...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (12,207 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem with my game too! 

When trying to build a restaurant or retail store (using the Sims 4 Dining Out and Get to Work Expansion packs) lot requirements and lot traits (City Living) are invisible! 

It is very annoying because I have to keep guessing what the text could be but I shouldn't have to do this! Sometimes the text on the notification panel is invisible too and some Sim traits have no name or description. 

It's interfering with playing the game. My laptop is a Lenovo Z50 - specifically designed for games and I brought it only to play on the Sims 3 & 4 so that there would be plenty of memory etc. 

Message 3 of 5 (12,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie
it anoys me allot to but what do i have to do to fixs it, it was only like that on the New Gardening and design uppdat and my New pakege sesons but i tried klikking repare on settings in orgin dont do that it just made everythig much worse now i cant see any texst, like JUST empty white boxes
Message 4 of 5 (9,238 Views)

Hero
Did you try the solutions in the thread linked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (9,230 Views)