Re: Black screen nightmare!

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Black screen nightmare!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello everyone!

So I've updated my game two days ago and been playing the sims since, having no problems. However, today each time I launch the game, I get the maxis screen ,and then suddenly the screen turns fully black with a thin glitch in the middle of it! I'm not a computer whiz and I don't know what to do, please help! :'(

I've been searching for solutions and I've found similar problems and tried their solutions but nothing worked :\ Knowing that I have mods installed, but I don't think it's related! 

Frown

Message 1 of 8 (790 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Move your Mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package to see if it is a Mods issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (763 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Move your Mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package to see if it is a Mods issue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (764 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried it and it didn’t work Frown 

Message 3 of 8 (755 Views)

★★★ Novice
Tried it but didn’t work Frown
Message 4 of 8 (754 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer. 

Message 5 of 8 (732 Views)

★★★ Novice

I deleted the localthumb file and updated my graphic drivers and it’s all going perfectly :D thank youuu

Message 6 of 8 (708 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
How to update graphic drivers?
Message 7 of 8 (668 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Blackbeauty242 

Go to the manufacturers site and download it. For instance amd.com or nvidia.com.

Message 8 of 8 (641 Views)