Re: Black bars in gameplay and loading

by mrgh101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Black bars in gameplay and loading

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I recently downloaded the cats and dogs expansion, and both Sims 4 and windows recently updated. However, the game loads and works but there are black bars flickering on the screen throughout both. I have tried repairing the game several times. My DxDiag is attached.

Thank you Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (214 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Hi @mrgh101

It seems like your graphics card is a bit weak. Your dedicated memory is 112 MB and the requirements for the game is 128 MB.

Cats&Dogs have higher requirements than the base game, so that may have triggered it.

Your graphics driver is 2 months old which is not a lot but if you fins an update that's always good.

Also make sure that your graphics settings are set to low quality. You can change your settings a bit and see if it works, like enabling/disabling vsync.

Good luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (250 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Hi @mrgh101

It seems like your graphics card is a bit weak. Your dedicated memory is 112 MB and the requirements for the game is 128 MB.

Cats&Dogs have higher requirements than the base game, so that may have triggered it.

Your graphics driver is 2 months old which is not a lot but if you fins an update that's always good.

Also make sure that your graphics settings are set to low quality. You can change your settings a bit and see if it works, like enabling/disabling vsync.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3 (251 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you, I updated the graphics and it works now Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (187 Views)