Re: Bills stuck in inventory

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bills stuck in inventory

★★★★★ Apprentice

I sent one of my sims to pay the bills from the mailbox. This glitched and my sim ended up with 16 bills in her inventory. They have stayed in there despite me saving and quitting many times since. I can't pick them up and therefore can't drag them out. I have searched this issue and it seems to be common amongst university life players, however I do not have this expansion.

Message 1 of 6 (1,512 Views)

Accepted Solution

@escapedpolarbear  Are the bills aging, as in, are they going to come due soon?  If so, you should get a prompt to pay them, in the upper right corner of the screen, when you have 24 hours left to pay them.  You can then just click the button to pay, and the bills should disappear.  And if the cost is higher than it should be, you can always just fix that with money cheats.

There are ways to try to reset the sim, for example evicting her and moving her back into her house.  (As always, this will reset her promised dreams and opportunities, but she'll keep her job and relationships.)  There's also a mod that can flush stuck objects, if you're interested.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,495 Views)

All Replies

@escapedpolarbear  Are the bills aging, as in, are they going to come due soon?  If so, you should get a prompt to pay them, in the upper right corner of the screen, when you have 24 hours left to pay them.  You can then just click the button to pay, and the bills should disappear.  And if the cost is higher than it should be, you can always just fix that with money cheats.

There are ways to try to reset the sim, for example evicting her and moving her back into her house.  (As always, this will reset her promised dreams and opportunities, but she'll keep her job and relationships.)  There's also a mod that can flush stuck objects, if you're interested.

Message 2 of 6 (1,496 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks. No, the bills have been paid and I've paid multiple instalments since this error began actually. I will try evicting her. Thank you very much for your response Standard smile
Message 3 of 6 (1,470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hello. did you try evicting her? did it work? i've been trying everything!! i even downloaded mods. i can't solve this problem.... please help

Message 4 of 6 (1,263 Views)

@Haruseok  If you downloaded NRaas MasterController, you can use it to delete the bills.  Click on the ground of the lot where your sim is (for example the home lot if your sim is home) and select NRaas > MC > Object Stats > Inventory, then choose the bills from the list of items.  Choose the bills again in the next screen, then hit the check mark to flush the item.

Message 5 of 6 (1,237 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you so much for the information! i was not able to find "object stats" but following your comment step by step, i realized i was clicking on the wrong things. thank you for the help! i just got rid of the annoying bills thanks to your help!!! 

Message 6 of 6 (1,224 Views)