Re: Bills stuck in inventory

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Bills stuck in inventory

★★★★★ Apprentice

I believe my mailbox is broken - I think a while ago I object deleted the mailbox for some unknown reason, and a new one spawned and is very glitchy. There is always mail in there and if I send my sim to retrieve the mail they'll do the action of opening the box, then there'll be a lag and they'll jump a step back from the box without any mail. Bills are a problem - all 6 of my sims have a ton of bills stuck in their inventories. One has 36 in her inventory. I can't do anything with these bills, they're completely stuck in the inventory. Is there any way I can remove the bills from their inventories?

Message 1 of 2 (363 Views)

Re: Bills stuck in inventory

@escapedpolarbear  There are mod-related ways to remove the bills.  Without that, it may be more complicated, but if you get the prompt that your sims have only one day to pay the bills and click OK, it's possible that the bills will be deleted automatically.

For the mailbox issue, you could try bulldozing and replacing the lot.  Go to Edit Town, evict your sims, save their house to the bin, bulldoze the lot, replace it with a bin copy, and move the sims back in.  If you do this in one Edit Town session, without saving and replacing the sims themselves, they'll keep their jobs and relationships but lose their promised wishes and opportunities.

This may or may not shake loose the old bills, but certainly check to see whether the bills can be paid afterwards.  If they'd lose too much money, you can always use a money cheat to make up the difference.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (337 Views)