by Wndblwz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Best Friend Status Not Sticking

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Initiate the Become Best Friends interaction
What happens when the bug occurs? Relationship status immediately drops off after conversation ends. Error message the Sims have fallen out of touch and are no longer best friends.
What do you expect to see? Hold relationship longer than seconds
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Sometime between June patch and Island Living installation

Is this field required now for my post to take effect? No Submit button unless I populate this field.

Message 1 of 8 (430 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Best Friend Status Not Sticking

Champion
@Wndblwz who are the sims in the message about falling out of touch? Your sims are only allowed to have one best friend at a time. If you choose someone else, the old best friend will become just a regular good friend.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (395 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Wndblwz I tested this and can't replicate this on my save. Does that happen every time you try this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (421 Views)

★★ Guide

I have been obsessively playing one household in Sulani (the Hoapili) and it happens every time. I will load the game now and play other households. 

Message 3 of 8 (413 Views)

Champion
@Wndblwz who are the sims in the message about falling out of touch? Your sims are only allowed to have one best friend at a time. If you choose someone else, the old best friend will become just a regular good friend.
Message 4 of 8 (396 Views)

★★ Guide

@simvasion , well you just taught me something! :D The Sims are in the Keala Hoapili household in Sulani. I did have the matriarch (Keala) BFF her grand-daughter then son and ~ think ~ they fell out immediately for the grand-daughter each time first. I will go back in and check.

Message 5 of 8 (378 Views)

Hero
@Wndblwz Is it just the bff they loose or do they loose the entire relationship (cause that sounds odd)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (372 Views)

Hero
@Wndblwz Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (330 Views)

Hero
@Wndblwz Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (317 Views)