Beeping and cursor function loss

by SerenityMeyer

Original Post

Beeping and cursor function loss

★★★★ Novice

Hello. I just bought and installed High School Year's and about 45 minutes into my game play my cursor stopped working and there was a strange beeping noise. It made the game unplayable and had to turn off my computer to exit the game. Currently I have no mods or cc indtalled. What the heck is going on? 

Message 1 of 4 (228 Views)

Re: Beeping and cursor function loss

@SerenityMeyer  Did the beeping come from your mouse, your computer speakers, the inside of your computer, or somewhere else?  My first thought is that if you have a wireless mouse, it simply needed a charge, but let me know what was beeping at you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (198 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I do not have a wireless mouse. The beeping sounded like it was coming from my speaker. I have not been able to duplicate the problem this far. 

Message 3 of 4 (187 Views)

@SerenityMeyer  Alright, if it happens again, please let me know.  Please also click crtl-alt-delete and see whether the mouse moves properly in that menu.  If it does, or if you can navigate with the arrow keys, you can use choose to sign out, and you'll be booted to the Windows sign-in screen rather than needing to manually shut down your computer.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (181 Views)