Re: Been playing on LE...have 64 bit??

by CathieCMR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Been playing on LE...have 64 bit??

★ Guide

No real issues just a question.  I have 64 bit windows.  I just noticed my desktop shortcut for TS4 is "D:\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin_LE\TS4.exe"  but I have the 64 bit TS4 as well in another folder.  I didn't do anything specific to get legacy edition, but I guess I've been playing it? I don't know if that's what launches from the Origin Player.  I guess my question would be...if I change my shortcut to the 64 bit...will I lose all of my saves? 

Message 1 of 6 (5,362 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@CathieCMR  It doesn't matter what the shortcut says; Origin decides whether you run the 32- or 64-bit version of the game.  If you want to see which one you're using, you can confirm in the Task Manager: TS4.exe is 32-bit, and TS4_x64.exe is 64-bit.

To change the version you're running, open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and choose 64-bit from the dropdown menu.

Saves for the 64-bit version are stored in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and for the 32-bit they're in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Legacy Edition.  So if you are in fact running the LE, you'd need to manually transfer your saves from the LE folder to the normal one, but they should still load properly once you do.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (5,332 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

I don't think you'll lose your saves but please backup your Sims 4 documents folder incase.

Message 2 of 6 (5,353 Views)

★ Guide
@natsnorigin You mean the TS4 folder under the EA folder? (with mods, tray, saves, etc)
Message 3 of 6 (5,345 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes to backup it you need to right click the folder, select copy, then paste it into a safe location in your pc.

Message 4 of 6 (5,332 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CathieCMR  It doesn't matter what the shortcut says; Origin decides whether you run the 32- or 64-bit version of the game.  If you want to see which one you're using, you can confirm in the Task Manager: TS4.exe is 32-bit, and TS4_x64.exe is 64-bit.

To change the version you're running, open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and choose 64-bit from the dropdown menu.

Saves for the 64-bit version are stored in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and for the 32-bit they're in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Legacy Edition.  So if you are in fact running the LE, you'd need to manually transfer your saves from the LE folder to the normal one, but they should still load properly once you do.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (5,333 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict Okay thanks, it says 64 bit. I was just confused by the shortcut on my desktop (I don't always launch from within origin)
Message 6 of 6 (5,325 Views)