Re: Beau Andrews Keeps Gaining Weight

by BillFlowerpot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Beau Andrews Keeps Gaining Weight

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have several time slimmed Beau Andrews using the testingcheatsenabled true to take him to the Create A Sim but after a few days he has gone from bean-stick back to sumo.  Does anyone know why and if he can be slimmed permanently? 

Message 1 of 6 (906 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you Puzzlezaddicts.  I have re-read your comunication of tueday and I did perform all of the suggested but for the 'Pets' option.  The latest is I have found and installed 'Master controller and cheats'.  There are a few other mods I have down loaded from these pages. However, back to business.  I tweeked Mr. Andrews weight to a nice chiselled thick set I also tweeked Victoria.  They have gone a game's week without changing weight.  I call that success.  I had already made alterations to their traits, that is why I was particularly surprised when the weight settings in CAS did not hold.  With your help It is now fixed. Thanks again BillFlowerpot.

P.S. I shall let you know if there is any change.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (842 Views)

All Replies

@BillFlowerpot  Sims have both a genetic and a temporary weight.  You can force them to gain or lose weight by making them overeat or work out, but when they go back to acting normally, they slowly revert to their genetic weight.  It sounds like the trips to Create a Sim are only changing Beau's temporary weight, so he's going back to his natural state.

However, I always thought that moving the weight slider in CAS would have a permanent effect, and I'm surprised to hear that it doesn't.  It's possible that this is a glitch.  If you want to test, delete the cache files in your game folder, evict Beau and put him back in his house, quit and delete the cache files again, then take him back into CAS and see whether changing his weight slider helps this time.  For reference, the cache files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that doesn't make a difference, there are a few other approaches you can try.  If you own Pets (I think it's Pets), there's a weight-loss surgery available at the hospital.  There's also the Body Sculptor lifetime reward; you can cheat to grant him enough points to buy it if necessary.  But the effects might also be temporary; I've never tried it.  And there's a mod fix as well, one that's definitely permanent if done correctly.  But I'm not sure which mod(s) you're using and whether you'd want to add NRaas MasterController.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (888 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I have done all you suggested, unfortunately if has not worked.  May I say at this juncture I make  point of removing the caches including emptying the featureditems almost every time I close the game.  You mentioned NRaas MasterController. What is this? How does it work? How do I get it?

All the best BillFlowerpot

Message 3 of 6 (872 Views)

@BillFlowerpot  NRaas MasterController is a mod that just makes a lot of extra commands and tweaks available where they are inaccessible in the vanilla game.  It doesn't do anything on its own; you choose a command from the menu and run it when you want.  To change a sim's genetic weight, you'd need both the base mod (just called MasterController) and MasterController Cheats as well, an add-on that simply adds more options but functions in the same way.  Here's an excellent description of how to change temporary and genetic weights:

https://www.nraas.net/community/post69904#p69904

In the command listed, the (Sim) in parentheses means that if you click on City Hall to run the command, you need to choose the Sim category.  If you click directly on Beau Andrews, the mod will assume you mean to run a command on him, so you would simply choose NRaas > MasterController > Intermediate > Weight.

I can't directly link the download pages to the mods themselves, but it should be easy enough to find them one their host site.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you Puzzlezaddicts.  I have re-read your comunication of tueday and I did perform all of the suggested but for the 'Pets' option.  The latest is I have found and installed 'Master controller and cheats'.  There are a few other mods I have down loaded from these pages. However, back to business.  I tweeked Mr. Andrews weight to a nice chiselled thick set I also tweeked Victoria.  They have gone a game's week without changing weight.  I call that success.  I had already made alterations to their traits, that is why I was particularly surprised when the weight settings in CAS did not hold.  With your help It is now fixed. Thanks again BillFlowerpot.

P.S. I shall let you know if there is any change.

Message 5 of 6 (843 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@BillFlowerpot Hi, Since my last post on this matter, I have tried the 'Pets' plastic surgery, and it does work. All the best from BillFlowerpot.
Message 6 of 6 (750 Views)