Batuu and University Crash

by Thanatos606

Original Post

Re: Batuu and University Crash

★★★ Novice

This time, oddly enough, the game was able to run in Live Mode for about 40 minutes. I just loaded in a family and let it run for a while as they did their own thing and nothing happened. Eventually, I sent them to Batuu and it crashed in about five seconds after arriving. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ix7p08c2cwcvulf/Log.CSV/file

Message 11 of 17 (499 Views)

@Thanatos606  Interestingly, your hwinfo log is mostly blank.  It looks like it might have 40 minutes worth of empty space, but there's only 1:41 worth of actual data.  Even in that short time, hwinfo picked up a drive warning and a eight bad sectors.  If the number is stable, it's not necessarily a problem to have a few bad sectors, but chkdsk is still the best place to start.

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste "chkdsk /f /r c:" without quotes, and enter
  • You'll be asked to allow a restart; say yes
  • When the scan is done, hit Windows key-X again, and choose Command prompt (admin) or Powershell (admin) again
  • Copy and paste this command without the outside quotes: "get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername –match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt"
  • A .txt file with the chkdsk results will appear on your desktop.  Please attach it to a post.

Please let me know which drive Sims 4 is on, and if it's on one of your other drives, run chkdsk on that one too, using chkdsk /f /r X with X as the drive letter, as above.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 17 (481 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry for the delay, was getting a weird error when following along with the instructions, but I got it going once I altered the command part for where the txt file went. I've attached the results of the disk check thing. And Sims is on the C drive. 

Message 13 of 17 (476 Views)

@Thanatos606  Interesting, what command did you use?  This string used to work, but I haven't checked it in a while.

As for chkdsk itself, either the scan didn't finish, or its data is cut off.  Did it throw any errors at the end?  It's a good idea to run it again, just to be thorough.  There was a lot of cleanup going on, and a second pass might be helpful.

Message 14 of 17 (450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Sorry for the delay in response.

For the command, I had to do "get-winevent -FilterHashTable @{logname="Application"; id="1001"}| ?{$_.providername ?match "wininit"} | fl timecreated, message | out-file C:\Users\PersonMcHuman\Desktop\CHKDSKResults.txt"

I've now run the scan multiple times, and it always looks the same at the very end when I get the data. Attached the most recent one here. At first I thought it was working, because I was able to play on Batuu for about 20 minutes (Also, during one test I went to Batuu and paused time and left it like that and it was fine for about 30 minutes, but then crashed almost immediately when I unpaused time and starting moving around), but it went right back to crashing after only a few moments. I can play other, far more intensive games, and I'm keeping an eye on GPU/CPU temps as well and it's not overheating. 

Message 15 of 17 (422 Views)

@Thanatos606  This site's virus scanner is temporarily busted, apparently—it's not allowing access to any uploaded files.  So I can't see the chkdsk results.  If you don't want to wait for the issue to be fixed, you can upload the file to some third-party filesharing site and link it here.

If chkdsk reports there are no other actions required though, the next step would be testing your RAM.  The more thorough approach is to test each module separately with MemTest86 (the free version is fine).  Here are links to the download and a useful guide:

https://www.memtest86.com/index.html

https://www.overclockersclub.com/guides/memtest86_memory_guide/

If you want to keep running hwinfo while you play, I'd be happy to take a look at another log, since the first one wasn't long enough to provide much useful information, other than the fact that it somehow recorded a long list of blank entries.

Message 16 of 17 (383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It's only gotten worse, doesn't even matter on Batuu anymore, I can't play the game at all without it crashing after only a few moments after loading into a household. 

Here's the link to the HWI log thing. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6yifbs2jiki25ly/file

Message 17 of 17 (352 Views)