Re: Bathing with clothing on (again!)

by crinrict

Original Post

Bathing with clothing on (again!)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim take a bath (possibly needs to be a mermaid)
What happens when the bug occurs? When in the bath instead of being naked is wearing a yellow sweater
What do you expect to see? Nude sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started after installed Island Living

I don't know if it's related to my sim being a mermaid or if that doesn't matter. As soon as I bought Island Living and made a mermaid I noticed this issue. Whenever she takes a bath she changes into her tail (great) and also has on a yellow sweater.

When I have her 'skinny dip' this doesn't happen, when I have her swim this doesn't happen, but whenever she takes a bath it does. 

A few other details:

1. I had custom hair, removed, still occurring

2. Sim is mermaid

3. Sim/world was newly created in Sulani after purchasing Island Living so it's not related to previous issue

4. Not sure if it's related to having had CC previously even if it's out of game but I don't imagine hair would affect clothes. Then again, CC causes all sorts of problems. I haven't had a chance to start a game with no CC and see if it still happens, will further test, but since I saw others posting on old thread thought I'd make one here to investigate better.

5. Definitely just started after Island Living

Message 1 of 7 (640 Views)

Hero
@vintagesaturday That doesn't sound like the same issue that was vanilla before. It does sound more like that cc issue that has been an issue forever.

Problem is that if you remove the cc, they're still bugged with EA clothing on a new save.

Did you already try to reset the outfit with the mod at MTS (check the comments for a newer version) ?

Please test a fresh save with a newly created Sim to test.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (625 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Will test vanilla tonight. I didn’t download any new CC though so why would Island Living suddenly cause that when no one was bathing in clothes before and nothing new was downloaded?  And the clothes were maxis original. Guessing just something with that update broke an older piece of CC, which caused a base game item to be worn in the bath and now it’s bugged?

i agree completely it sounds like CC and will retest after work but was just following up for some additional insight!

Message 3 of 7 (610 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@vintagesaturday Will probably move this to tech as I'm away starting monday and buys on the weekend. Others can help you further then.

The maxis bug was always with with the default bra on.

ANd yes, cc can break, especially if non updated cc is used on new occults.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (603 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@vintagesaturday I had the same problem. Then I figured out that she only wears clothing in the bathtub, if she wasn´t in a bathing suit before taking a bath. If she wears clothes from the "swimwear" category before you send her in the bathtub , everything will be okay. I guess it´s a bug. 

Message 5 of 7 (587 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I believe I had her in swimwear and it still happened, will check again to make sure. Nice to know someone else sees this too. Did you have CC?

Message 6 of 7 (580 Views)

Hero
@vintagesaturday Moving this to tech for further troubleshooting while I'm away.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (557 Views)