Latest Sims 4 patch deletes the entire world of Willow Creek! :(

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@yegoatofdoom The same has been happening to me, but I don't use a mac

Message 11 of 263 (3,900 Views)

Re: The sims 4 discover university bugged to no end

Hero

HI @TheNamesLine 

moving this to tech for troubleshooting. You're the first person where it doesn't seem to work to repair the game for the missing world.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game again  by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

--------------

If this doesn't work, could you post some pictures how CAS looks for you ? Are they missing when you make a new Sim or when you edit an existing Sim with fulleditmode cheat ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 263 (3,953 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for that @crinrict it seams to Be working Some what well now. 

Message 13 of 263 (3,948 Views)

Hero
@TheNamesLine Glad to hear that.

Let me know if you have further issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 263 (1,788 Views)

★★★ Newbie

May I ask how?

Message 15 of 263 (1,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sarahdiangelo @cutiepie3890 

1. Close the game
2. Open Origin
3. Right Click on Sims 4
4. Choose repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 263 (1,720 Views)

Deletes Game, Help!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure, updated it last night
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure if you can
What happens when the bug occurs? All of my base game worlds (sims in those worlds) and content disappears
What do you expect to see? My base cane content
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought University and download the update that came out the same day

I included a picture of the sims I’m looking for and playing with, just to prove they aren’t there 

Message 17 of 263 (1,707 Views)

Re: Deletes Game, Help!

Hero
@kategraceeee Merged your post with the master thread on this

Please repair your game by right-clicking on it in Origin and hit repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 263 (1,698 Views)

Re: Deletes Game, Help!

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! I feel so dumb for not thinking if that 

Message 19 of 263 (1,676 Views)

Some CAS item's aren't showing up and worlds aren't showing up

★ Novice

Alright, so I downloaded University while my game was updating. I had mods installed before the game updated cuz I have automatic updates with the Sims. Then when both are downloaded/updated I go to play University. I get into the game and go into CAS. Some items aren't there. (Eyes, head shapes etc.) So I'm like that's weird. Then, I get out of CAS to buy a house and Willow Creek and Oasis Springs both are not there. Their just gone. I think it may have something to do with the Mods I had before when the game was updating and that screwed it up? I need some help. Thanks. Standard smile

Message 20 of 263 (1,643 Views)