After updating, I can't play or load my old games

by shelbybouge

Original Post

starter world gone

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have the Get Famous, Island Living, Vampires, Backyard
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Can you pull up my login to see?
What happens when the bug occurs? When I start to make a new family, it takes forever to load & then I have to reset my current household. My characters are invisible & when I go to put them in a world, the 3 starter worlds are missing. I've restarted and shut down my computer & it doesn't help.
What do you expect to see? To be fixed because I don't want to start over or lose my progress so far. It's a waste of my time and money, Please help me.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Pictures won't load right now.

My mom's email is [edit: email address removed] - email her & she can send them to youl

Message 191 of 263 (526 Views)

Re: starter world gone

Hero

Hi @teddyduff08 

I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 192 of 263 (481 Views)

Can't see world menu

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discovery University Cats & Dogs StrangerVille Jungle Adventure Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a family and try to select a world to live in.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once I finish making a family, and it brings me to the world menu to choose a world (out of the worlds I have), the world menu appears blank.
What do you expect to see? When I go to the worlds menu, I want to be able to choose and see the worlds, not just a blank screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can not play the game without this fixed, and it's troubling. Sims is genuinely a good game, and I hate to see it not working. So, if you could find a way to get it running again that would be great. Thank you.

Message 193 of 263 (588 Views)

Re: Can't see world menu

Hero
@whiskeyrider1 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 194 of 263 (539 Views)

After updating, I can't play or load my old games

★★ Novice

So I haven't played Sims since April 5. I went to play yesterday, but an update was needed. I updated the game and I opened it today, but when I click the play button as I always have, it only gives me options to buy expansion packs and not return to the world that I was playing in! I also tried to click load game and clicked on the game that I previously was playing, but it still brings me to the page where the only options are to buy expansion packs???? Help!

Sims.PNG

Message 195 of 263 (562 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Base Game Worlds and Wall/Roof Patterns Missing

@shelbybouge  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache, restart your computer, and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 196 of 263 (504 Views)

Re: Missing floor and wall patterns as well as roof

★★ Novice

I just came across this problem don't know how to fix it either! Game repair doesn't work, tried it several times.

Message 197 of 263 (497 Views)

Re: Missing floor and wall patterns as well as roof

Hero
@DeeSmoove1 Do you also have worlds missing or just the patterns ?

To be sure: Repair doesn't solve the problem, it's not that you can't repair the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 198 of 263 (459 Views)

Sims 4 won't let me load my old worlds

★★★ Newbie

I recently updated my sims to v1.62.67.1020, which went fine. But, now when I load my game there isn't an option anywhere to play my past worlds. I haven't yet bought any expansion packs, but it just comes up with loads of circles sending a link to the packs? I'm really confused and not very good with games. If anyone could give me some advice, I would hugely appreciate it. 

Message 199 of 263 (494 Views)

Dot.: Sims 4 won't let me load my old worlds

Hero (Retired)
@chessyluvv

Open Origin/My games library - right-click on the cover of TS4 and choose the option "Repair

I don't work for EA
Message 200 of 263 (453 Views)