by charmbird25

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Balloon-Headed & Squished-Faced Sims

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.90.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansions, all stuff packs & all game packs released by 12/20/18 in U.S.A.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The 'bug' can be observed on the Manage World screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some of my Sims have distorted faces and/or heads upon opening Manage Worlds. Upon clicking on the family, the problem persists. Yet, in some cases, when clicking edit, the sims distortions further persist & cannot be successfully altered by manually changing the shape of attributes nor using presets.
What do you expect to see? I expect that all Sims should have real world proportional skeletal frames, including eyes, noses, jaws and the like.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'd also like to clarify that, although I do not have any cc/mods in the game at present, having 'certain' cc installed makes the problem worse. The families' 'profile' pics are altered, but their CAS properties are not usually distorted.  I noticed this 'bug' after patch day, when I decided to change the family I played.  I thought it was the cc/mods so I followed a personalized version of the 50/50 method of investigation for broken cc.  After hitting a brick wall, I took everything out, loaded the game and took a look at EVERY individual family, which I had not done before.  Thus, finding that the issue was not cc/mod dependent. But present in a vanilla game. Yet, each time I had changed the Mod folder contents before, different families become affected while previously affected sims where now fine.  Now, I have no idea how to do any of these 'computer-y' things, so, if I messed up, let me know, please!  Thank you for helping me!

Message 1 of 7 (1,817 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Balloon-Headed & Squished-Faced Sims

Hero

Hi @charmbird25

could you upload those family to the gallery so I can try them in my game ?

It is possible that it's a cc/mod issue and some stayed this way after removing.

Can you also try a completely fresh save with no added cc/mods and create new Sims to see if you still get this issue on any of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (1,794 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @charmbird25

could you upload those family to the gallery so I can try them in my game ?

It is possible that it's a cc/mod issue and some stayed this way after removing.

Can you also try a completely fresh save with no added cc/mods and create new Sims to see if you still get this issue on any of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,795 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello there @crinrict

I posted the families to the gallery, which I'd never done before.  They look fine in the uploaded versions. But still weird on mine.  Like your idea, didn't know that could be a thing.  Thanks.  Oh, and renamed the 'Count..."  Household to 'Test-Count' because it said that it didn't have the right character in it or too many characters?  And I did a new game (if that's a 'fresh save') and no problems!  What do you think?  Thank you for helping me btw.

Message 3 of 7 (1,765 Views)

Hero

I'll download and try later today but sounds like some kind of issue with your save.

Could you try editing their head form with fulleditcas and see if that gets them back to normal ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,738 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Hi Crin! Listen, I tried your ideas & I think it's fixed. I went through Manage Hhlds & don't see the big heads. Must of been that save! Thank you SOOO much for helping me, especially during the holidays! You're awesome🤩 Happy Holidays!!🎉🎁
Message 5 of 7 (1,721 Views)

Hero
Good to hear.

Moved this to the tech forum then.

Feel free to come back if you have further issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,710 Views)

★★ Apprentice
💖
Message 7 of 7 (1,659 Views)