Re: Bakers station goods cost to make now?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Bakers station goods cost to make now?

★ Novice

So i have the bakers station working great and was making pies and things for free to sell.. but now even with fruit in my inventory it costs me to make stuff. What do i need so it doesnt cost anything to make things?

Message 1 of 3 (358 Views)

@missmyke  It sounds like something might be stuck, either with your sims or with the equipment.  The first and easiest thing to do is to delete the cache files in your game folder in Documents.  They should be deleted regularly even in the absence of game issues, as they tend to clog up with stale data.  For reference, these files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If that alone doesn't fix the problem, try moving the ingredients in your sims' inventory to the home fridge, and then back to your sims.  It might help to save, quit, delete the cache files, and reload before testing again.  Or you could delete and replace the bakers station, again quitting and clearing the cache before reloading.  You could also test whether a different sim can use the ingredients.

There are a couple of more invasive ways to reset things, namely demolishing and replacing the building and/or evicting your sims and moving them back in.  But hopefully the easier interventions will be enough of a reset.

Finally, if you use mods, one of them could be the cause of the change.  But I'm not familiar enough with those mods to tell you which one(s) might be a problem, or how to tweak the settings to your liking.

It's also a good idea to use "save as" and rename the save before testing anything.  That way, you'll have a backup copy under the first save name, and you can revert to it if you don't like the results of one of your tests.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (351 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you i will try these things. I have tried deleting it along with the fridge as its on a community lot you cant store things in the fridge.

You start a new family and the same thing.. most things are free to make up until a cetain point

Message 3 of 3 (340 Views)