Bad Internet Connection?

by Izzycachegirl

Original Post

Bad Internet Connection?

★ Novice

I received the Sims 4 about two weeks ago, and the gallery is inaccessible. When I log into Origin, I can see that I truly am connected to the Wi-fi. When I attempt to open The Sims 4 gallery, however, it states that I am offline. When I click the "connect to internet" button, it says that there is "no internet connection available." Anyone willing to help? 

Message 1 of 6 (562 Views)

Re: Bad Internet Connection?

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Izzycachegirl  

Being a new game, make sure when you load it next in the 'game options.." that online features are enabled (also Origin Online mode) which pretty sure you meant you've done.

sims 4 online.JPG

So the next image is what you've done..(?) As you can see the only 'option open' is to 'go offline'  Therefore obviously, I'm online.

But the above image is 'allowing online features for the Sims'

Origin offline mode2018-03-09 19-35-52-245.jpg

Sasha

Hope this helps

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 2 of 6 (539 Views)

★ Novice
Unfortunately, your solution did not seem to work. Frown
Message 3 of 6 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi, @Izzycachegirl 

Not so much as a solution, but checking your settings.. ok also try 1: right-clicking the shortcut and 'run as Administrator', 2: Go offline with Origin shut the application (even in the tray items) start it again and 'go online'.

Do you have an underage account <14? There are some Origin age restrictions. They are setup to be parentally supervised.

1: It may also be your firewall or other malware programs, check those.. 2: A Check List at Carls Sims 4 Guide

No luck?

Then something else may be blocking the game application from connecting to the Gallery. For network troubleshooting assistance please refer to the following EA Support pages: They provide thorough step by step procedures

Hope this helps,

Sasha

Message 4 of 6 (511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you ever get your connection problem fix? I am dealing with the same problem and cant find solution.

Message 5 of 6 (424 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @jolita17 

Apart from following all the suggestions in this thread, please start your own new thread.

Thanks,

Sasha

Message 6 of 6 (418 Views)