Re: Backsplash Won't Apply to Entire Counter

by SimsIslandheart

Original Post

Backsplash Won't Apply to Entire Counter

★★★ Novice

I'm building a bathroom sink with counter pieces, and the backsplash will only apply to two of the three sections. Does anyone know why this is? It's not too close to the door, because I tried shifting the whole works away from the door, and the same piece is still lacking a backsplash.  MoveObjects is on, and there is no CC or Mods in this game. 

Message 1 of 5 (735 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Simsislandheart
I I have checked it in the game and it looks unfortunately exactly as described above. Maybe @BryonyRae would like to confirm if it looked like that at the beginning of the game or if it happened now after some patch. I don't remember becuse I never tried place this countertop in the corner .
I don't work for EA . I'm only player who tries to help other players

Message 2 of 5 (710 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@SimsIslandheart @kreatora I am actually not experiencing this issue in my game.  Chose the same counter and even palette color to make sure it wasn't perhaps an issue with a particular palette.  Tried positioning them near the corner exactly as they appear in your image and no issues; also tried moving them in various positions and configurations in the room.  Do either of you use any mods or CC?  Have both of you done the following since the latest patch: 1) remove mods/CC, 2) clear your cache, 3) repair the game via Origin, 4) start a new save, and 5) test the issue in the new save?  If so, and if the issue is still present in your game(s), then I'd be wondering if it's a lot issue (have you tested it on various lots?) or if there is anything on the other side of that wall that might be interfering.  Also, because it seems to be a platform thing sometimes, are you on PC or Mac?

Message 3 of 5 (680 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have never used mods or CC since I started The Sims 4. I have not repaired the game via Origin or tried in a new save. I'm on a PC. I don't know how anything on the other side of the wall should be interfering, because I normally move things away from the walls, if anything, when I use MOO. 

Message 4 of 5 (670 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

HI Standard smile @BryonyRae
I tested it on a random lot in New Crest. I put up four walls, even not painted, and chose a white countertop.
In every other place of the room this countertop stood correctly. Only in the corner I could not drive it to the wall but In the reversed position it stood in the corner correctly.
I do not use CC only one mod Dreadpole MCC and I do not think the MCC has anything to do with it. but of course I can check it without this mod.
My game version is 1.46.18.1020

Immediately after the new patch, I had to reset the whole game folder for another reason so all old catche folders were gone but unfortunately I did this test in an old safe pasted to the game. I will repeat this test in the new safe after work, I will also check whether this phenomenon occurs in game mode or only from the level of City Management because I didn't do it..

Message 5 of 5 (658 Views)