Re: [BUG THREAD] The Sims 4 CAS Demo

by Cogitotoro

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Help! I cannot get a household to save because I'm getting the message: 

"Warning! A Family Name, Sim Name, or Description currently contains a disallowed word. You will not have the ability to later upload this Household to the Gallery. Do you want to proceed anyway?"

Two of the Sims I had saved and uploaded before: "Sam Winchester" and "Dean Winchester." The third Sim was named Castiel Angel, but I have tried changing it to "Castiel Winchester," "Placeholder Winchester," and "Safe Safe." I erased the description, although it had been allowed before. I have tried various family names, including "Supernatural," "Winchesters," and "Safe." I tried rolling the dice for name suggestions for all three sims, renaming them suggestions like "Justin Henderson," and naming the family "X" and "Safe." There are no punctuation marks or non-letter characters in any of the names.

First, if I do the "proceed anyway" to make sure I don't lose all my CAS work, will the Sims be unable to be uploaded forever, even if I later rename everything, as the warning makes it sound? I really want to save!

Second, is this a bug? None of the words seems like it could be the problem!

Message 41 of 170 (1,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

yeah the restrictions have been mentioned (page 1) by another tester and my self  my sim had an apostrophe in a real name once i removes the  apostrophe i could upload the sim according to that message the way i read is you can save the household just won't be able tp uplaod them at anytime , is that the way you read it too ?

it could have been the surname Winchester but who knows with that as they don't give a clue as to which name it is if it was winchester could it have been the middle part wi.....er ??  in the household name try changeing it there too ( in red ) it is abot OTT imo hopfully it'll be sorted sooner than soon

edit to add image

household name.png

Message 42 of 170 (1,963 Views)

Hero

Description can also be the issue. Did you put one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 170 (1,954 Views)

Hero (Retired)

crin i've uploaded a sim to the gallery without a  description just the family name

Message 44 of 170 (1,952 Views)

★★★ Novice

@rumbutter - thanks for the answer!

What I meant was that let's say I'm in the general "tops" category and that one clothing item cannot be found in any sub-category like "jackets", "sweaters" etc. All other tops belong to their specific sub-category but this one top and three outfits can be found in their general category only. I hope what I wrote makes sense. :-P

Message 45 of 170 (1,948 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The household still had the same description it had when I had saved and uploaded it before at first, so it should have passed muster - then I deleted the description, and tried just the word "Safe" in the description.

There was never an apostrophe in anything, but I did try it with a comma in the family name at one point. Could a comma have been the problem???? But then if the comma is taken away, it won't forget it? Ever?

Message 46 of 170 (1,945 Views)

Hero

Any special character could be a problem and I think it's good if they're checking for those in titels for down the line, they could lead to problems.

Try completely without in description and name and you can always save as a new household and upload that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 47 of 170 (1,942 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Update on my forbidden text problem: I saved it even with the message that I'd never be able to share it to the Gallery - couldn't not save! Then when I finished the household I uploaded it, no problem. It has since been downloaded, so it must have worked.

So it still looks like a bug - a false alarm forbidden text message.

Message 48 of 170 (1,937 Views)

Hero

I'll add later. Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 170 (1,927 Views)

★ Novice

When i open the Sims ™ 4 Demo Create a Sim, I can not move on the part that I want in the body yes, but only once, when I try to stir again, the second time in any part, the other parts of the body not select only the upper arm. this bug does not let me enjoy the stretching and pulling tool. other things like change hair, skin tone and faces and bodies ready function normally. 

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10524696_663921037027112_5460610643240...

Message 50 of 170 (1,905 Views)