Re: BUG Sims 4 - child next to bath

by kreatora

Original Post

BUG Sims 4 - child next to bath

★ Apprentice

Kids who have  a mermaidparent are sitting next to the bath when they take a bath instead of in the bath

Message 1 of 10 (695 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Jokeg

Rename the Sims4 folder to the Sims4 old, fix the game in Origin (Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "repair game")
Launch the game and start a new game in the newly created game folder. Create in CAS mermaid parents and a child. Check in the new game if you still have this problem.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 10 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thank goodness someone else has this issue. I thought it was just my game. I wish EA would bugfix their game packs before releasing them....come on EA this isn't good enough!

Message 3 of 10 (655 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Winter_Nightfire

This reason for this issue can be an outdated CC or bugged save.
Maybe you and @Jokeg and you have the same broken CC in the game?
Although of course this may be a game bug, so before it will be reported to EA as a bug of the game, it should be tested in a clean new game folder
Message 4 of 10 (637 Views)

★ Apprentice

@kreatora @Winter_Nightfire 

I only have 1 mod that I am using, it has been inactive since the most recent update.

sims4me_nocelebritywalkstyle

@Winter_Nightfire do you have this specific mod ? If not, a bug in CC can be ruled out I think.

thx !

Message 5 of 10 (620 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't have that mod. I have already tested the game without my mods folder installed. The issue is real! I hate EA moderators blaming everything on mods!

Message 6 of 10 (615 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Winter_Nightfire

I'm not an EA moderator. I'm a player just like you. There are a lot of game errors caused by CC and mods so before any error is reported to EA this option must be excluded. No one from EA will be interested in the case where there is no certainty that this is really a game bug.
And now if you are sure that this is a game bug please report it on the bugs forum and it will be added to the list of errors that need to be fixed.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
Message 7 of 10 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-IL-Mer-Child-Sims-can-t-get-into-baths-normally/m-...

This is a post from June with exactly the same issue. But it must be mods! EA are too busy making money so it must be the mods. There are issues from the vampire pack that haven't been fixed and WON'T be. So I'm not holding my breath on this one. [Edit] I have spent hundreds of pounds on this game, this one game, I have every pack, I love the game. EA loves money, case closed.

Message 8 of 10 (588 Views)

★ Apprentice
@kreatora thanks for the link, I was looking for that option actullay !
Message 9 of 10 (558 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Winter_Nightfire I'll add my screenshots to the bug report you are linking to, hopefully it can put more weight to it
Message 10 of 10 (555 Views)