Re: BSOD during gameplay

by simplyzachariah

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BSOD during gameplay

★★★★ Novice

I've been having issues with my computer restarting after a BSOD while playing the Sims 4. I had my computer professionally wiped clean and kept a log of all programs installed on my computer after I got it back. Since I had it wiped in March I haven't had any problems.

Last week I reinstalled Origin and the Sims 4 and started playing again. My computer has gotten the BSOD at least 4 times. I just had it twice within 10 minutes of each other a few minutes ago. One while in build mode building a new house and again when I tried to start the game after it reloaded. I know it is not other programs or the computer itself as it ran fine for 5 months. It only started acting up when I reinstalled the Sims 4 and Origin. 

Some details of my system:

Win 10 64bit

AMD 8 core processor

16 GBs of RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series graphics card

I've attached my DxDiag for reference. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (319 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@simplyzachariah 

You have a problem with a C-Media soundcard that is not supported on Windows 10. The driver cmudax3.sys is from 2012 and as far as I can tell there is no updates for it on C-Medias homepage but check for yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (306 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@simplyzachariah 

You have a problem with a C-Media soundcard that is not supported on Windows 10. The driver cmudax3.sys is from 2012 and as far as I can tell there is no updates for it on C-Medias homepage but check for yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (307 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you. I have ordered a replacement sound card that uses Realtek instead of C-Media. I should have it this week so I'll post after I've installed it to say if that solved it or not. 

Message 3 of 4 (299 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsen 

I believe the replacement card has fixed the problem. No crashing thus far! 

Thank you!

Message 4 of 4 (258 Views)