BBQ items put into inventory and Events getting to one minute and stopping

by rosesareredtoo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BBQ items put into inventory and Events getting to one minute and stopping

★★★★★ Novice

I have removed all of the mods from my game, removed the localthumbcache, and run a repair on my game.  I am having a couple of problems.  When someone BBQs they don't serve it onto the counter or table, they put it into their inventory.  As well, when I go to an event like a dance party or a festival like humor and hijinks the event gets to one minute and then will not end.  I have to manually end the event and when my sim returns home it is several hours earlier.

Message 1 of 6 (780 Views)

Accepted Solution

Dot.: BBQ items put into inventory and Events getting to one minute and stopping

Hero (Retired)
Message 6 of 6 (655 Views)

All Replies

Dot.: BBQ items put into inventory and Events getting to one minute and stopping

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@rosesareredtoo

Yes, they put these dishes in the inventory. It is a bug - go to the first post and click ME TOO

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Grilled-food-is-placed-in-sims-inventory/m-p/7969302

About events - delete the Events file in the game folder. The same like localthumbcache.package file it will be recreated.
Another option is factory reset of the game folder but I think that deleting this file will be enough.
I can say from experience - for today I often delete both of these files. About once a week. Removing Events removes many game errors from my game in the same way as removing localthumbcache does.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (764 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@kreatora Thanks so much for the info. I believe removing the Events file worked the Events, however, I have now noticed that when my sim goes to an acting gig it does not end and I have to manually end it. They do get paid the right amount. Do you have any other suggestions or should I do the factory reset of the game and if so how do I do that?
Message 3 of 6 (728 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@rosesareredtoo

It never hurt to make a factory reset.
When you play a very long game and save it, all small files in the game folder may be slightly damaged or not working properly. This is even more likely if you use mods or CC. Repairing the game fixes the installation files and this is needed - but it will not fix all the errors that were created in your game folder and have been saved in some files. The factory reset is a very safe procedure and will neither damage your saves nor will touch your library in the Tray folder. This is just a fresh delivery of brand new files your game uses.
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete "The Sims4 old "folder. Now you will have only one game folder working properly.
Message 4 of 6 (715 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have done everything you suggested and most things seem to be working better, however, even with no mods or cc my prep tasks/recommended skills are not displaying properly for acting jobs.

Message 5 of 6 (668 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 6 of 6 (656 Views)