Awkward Game Lag and Missing Actions

by jnl110295

Original Post

Awkward Game Lag and Missing Actions

★★★ Newbie

After the most recent update, a lot of the actions of my sims are either not able to be processed or are got in a serious glitch. They do not time out, or cannot be processed and I find that I often have to reset my Sims. My sims cannot cook meals with the oven, and cannot take showers, and even in painting the paintings are finished in seconds and my sim gains no skill. I can only have sims sleep in their beds and any "woohoo" like option is not available. My mods are not working even though within my options they are activated, and most recently the game will not recognize any of my key shortcuts for example i cannot press Enter to focus on a Sim, and the cheat bar will not appear with a Shft+Ctrl+C
I have switched from the 64 bit processing to the 32 bit and this reduced the hang up with the glitches, but these problems are still persistant. I dont know what to do to try and fix the game..... help please

Message 1 of 2 (122 Views)

Re: Awkward Game Lag and Missing Actions

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (102 Views)