by crystalcoetzee19

Original Post

Autonomy OFF for selected sim not working

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything except Springerville and the magic expansion
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? it occurs in my game even in a new save
What happens when the bug occurs? my sim who is selected will just queue their own interactions or action even though I have autonomy off for selected sim
What do you expect to see? well id like to have this resolved as it is becoming quite annoying
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I removed cc and started a new save file, the issue still occurs

My sim with autonomy off for selected sim will continue to queue their own interactions or actions and sometimes even cancel the interactions I already have queued

Message 1 of 14 (5,893 Views)

Re: Autonomy OFF for selected sim not working

Hero
@crystalcoetzee19 Do other option settings save if you change them ? What kind of interactions are you getting ? Anything ? Does the Sim have low needs ?

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (5,867 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

hi my game version is 1.59.73.1220

my setting saves correctly, I even tried unticking it and playing awhile and toggling the setting again but it made no difference. The sims need won't to be low enough to trigger autonomy, it's random sometimes it's cleaning, watching tv or talking to another sim.

Message 3 of 14 (5,859 Views)

Hero
@crystalcoetzee19 I tested this in my game and my Sim is just standing around as she should (she did some talking to another Sim but as he's the nanny, it might have been just him initiating the talk).

Did you test with a new Sim when you made a new save ? Does it happen with any Sim ?

This one is a bit similar although it's more of a need issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-take-care-of-needs-when-yellow-although/td-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (5,845 Views)

Hero
@crystalcoetzee19 Tagging to see my question

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (5,798 Views)

Hero
@crystalcoetzee19 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (5,771 Views)

★★★ Newbie

has this been sorted? cos im having the same issues and my game is almost unplayable cos my sim just cuts off to do whatever it wants mainly cooking cake or programming.. its rather frustrating 

Message 7 of 14 (4,904 Views)

Hero
@Lethis42 OP never came back so I don't know.

There's currently this issue though if you have NAPs and the Eco pack: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Active-Sims-interrupt-current-interaction-to-do/m-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (4,894 Views)

★★ Novice

Any updates on this issue? I'm having the same problem after the last update, NAPs are turned off already. No CC or mods. Autonomy for selected sim was previously turned off, but then it turned itself back on and now the function doesn't work at all even when the box is unchecked.

Message 9 of 14 (3,976 Views)

Hero
@hankepanky The NAP issue should be fixed.

Are you using AVAST ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (3,972 Views)