Re: Auto-lights not working in some rooms?

by annaliese39

Original Post

Auto-lights not working in some rooms?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi there, since the Get Famous patch I've noticed auto-lights has stopped working in some of my rooms while others work fine. It does seem to be specific to my main build as I haven't yet encountered the issue elsewhere in other lots. I have a PC and all EPs. I don't use mods or CC. I have tried repairing the game, a new save, bulldozing and replacing the build, and resetting/replacing the lights. I can turn the lights on manually or by room once I change the dimmer settings (some seem to be on low at start) or replace the lights affected, but they stay off during the day if I choose auto-lights. These lights then come on at night (just after 8) automatically and don't turn off automatically when sims sleep or leave the room. The other lights work fine. Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks. 

Message 1 of 7 (11,161 Views)

★ Guide

Hello, I got the same problem in some of my rooms since the 13 of November Patch. No Mods or CC used, game rapaired and cache cleaned.

Message 2 of 7 (11,087 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@annaliese39 @Alexmeteor could one or both of you possibly upload your builds with this issue to the Gallery for testing?  You could just call them something like "Test Auto Lights" and tag me here when they're in the gallery.  I'm interested in taking a look since you said that the problem occurs even after you have saved them to your library and placed them on a different lot in a different save.  After placement, does the problem start happening immediately or over some period of played time?  Also, you mentioned that you might be seeing this issue on a specific lot or lots - have you tried placing the build onto a different lot and then not experienced the issue there?  If so, then I'll need to know which lot(s) are the problem lots.

Message 3 of 7 (11,072 Views)

★ Guide

My bug happened in a prebuild house of Willow Creek, Crick Cabana. I didn't build anything. My sim went to bed and the light stayed on instead of turning off.  As soon as possible I'll try again now that I repaired my game for the second time.  

Message 4 of 7 (11,047 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thanks for getting back to us @BryonyRae. I had another look at my build and noticed the rooms affected had a slight blue tinge to them like they were outside, which wasn't there before the patch. I deleted the attic and the auto-lights started working again. I then tried keeping the attic but moving the roof up slightly - again the blue tinge went away and the auto-lights started working in the rooms. So it seems somehow the update did something to my roof so that it needed to be higher and also lowered the dimmer settings on some of my lights? Strange as it all worked before, but at least the issue is now resolved for me.  I haven't noticed any other issues in other builds yet, including Crick Cabana. If you would like me to upload the build for you still please let me know. 

Message 5 of 7 (11,031 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@annaliese39 no, that won't be necessary, as it definitely sounds like the game was considering the area an outdoor space, and lighting doesn't work in the same manner for outdoor spaces.  Glad you were able to get it fixed!

Message 6 of 7 (10,969 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please use the bug thread for this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Auto-Lights-not-working/td-p/6579899

Moved post that bumped this to the bug report and locking this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (3,812 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help