Re: Auto-Solve Social Needs Stalls Game

by crinrict

Original Post

Auto-Solve Social Needs Stalls Game

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Seasons, Discover University, Get Together expansions. Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat game packs. Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, and Holiday Celebration stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Auto-solve social need for any sim
What happens when the bug occurs? The game pauses, stalls, and some times I can only salvage if I shut the game down, other times it will resume a minute later or so. Social need still isn't full-filled. Camera controls are still functional, I can use the mouse, but otherwise game is inactive.
What do you expect to see? Sims to get their social needs met without shutting the game down or stalling it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The first time I tried it, I thought maybe it was me or my system, but after testing it out, it's any sim in the game when I try to auto solve their social need. I can't select another sim to play as, and I can't try to have the sim do anything else until the game resumes or I shut down.

Message 1 of 4 (288 Views)

Hero
@ttv_zgstark Could you test this in a fresh save to see if you have this issue there as well ?

Does it happen for all your households or only certain ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (275 Views)

Hero
@ttv_zgstark Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (233 Views)

Hero
@ttv_zgstark Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (207 Views)